World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a change of plan by my girlfriend left me with a free day so chucked the kayak on the roof and heade for oxwich. Launched just after 9am and head out past the moorings and started drifting with scratching rigs, was into fish straight away had dabs,plaice, tub and grey gurnards. The drift was fast and short because i only wanted to cover a certain area so decided to anchor up. Fish kept coming along with a couple of dogs and a mackeral, then my rod slamed over could only be a smoothie, after a short fight it was a common about 4lb. While i was unhooking it i noticed my other rod tip slowly pulling over so quickly released the smoothie and struck the other rod and after a good fight and going from the surface back to the bottom twice i had a nice thornie about 8lb

Gave it another 30mins here then noticed the divers had gone so went over to the wreck and tied up to the bouy, 1st drop missed a good bite 2nd got him a nice trigger, species number 41 for the year.

3rd drop

There must of been hundreds of them down there had a few double hook ups and everytime you brought 1 to the kayak there would be loads following, this continued til low water slack when they went off the feed so i headed out to deeper water for a bit. Anchored up and straight into anther smoothie this time a starry. Then on the scratching rig noticed a little rattle so gave it a couple of mins hoping it would be a dragonet, and it was number 42!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Next cast had another and a couple more gurnards, by now the tide was starting to flood so went back to the wreck for more triggers and was straight into them

Ended up with between 30 and 40 triggers for the day! Also had pout, poorcod, ballen wrasse and tompot blenny. Had 13 or 14 species not a bad tally for the day

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well done Will. Looks like one hell of a sesh there mate and cracking pic. I managed to get my lesser weaver for 44 species.

·
Registered
31 Posts
me and local lad are heading there at 3am. hope to also have a good sesh.
well done mate. proper good

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
"Ended up with between 30 and 40 triggers for the day! Also had pout, poorcod, ballen wrasse and tompot blenny. Had 13 or 14 species not a bad tally for the day "

Not a bad tally????? Bloody hell mate i dont wanna fish a species comp against you!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts