World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Oxwich triggers

890 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  col175 
#1 ·
My selt and wil2195 fished out of Oxwich on the kayaks today, launched for about 10am and headed straight for the wreck when we got there Blueskip had already anchord and ground baited for us fair play Vic.
Within minutes Vic had the first trigger of the day i think around 1lb8 well done and a good start to the day.
Right so after Vic it was my turn as some of you might have guessed species hunting is my thing so it was down with a three hook flapper armed with squid strip and within a few minutes this guy took of with my rig and not a bad fight on light gear.
So thats the trigger sorted for this year although i did have another two around the same size. What next well next was a Dragonet another new one this year and by the time i had taken this photo my hand was like a tea bag (spiky git).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More pics from today. Will had a couple of plaice, smoothies and gurnard but forgot his camera.
Thanks again Vic for the ground bait mate

Attachments

#4 ·
Up to 43 now Kev aiming for the big 50 with a bit of luck

#6 ·
2 bags of brown crumb, 1 bag of PVA to bind the crumb, 125ml of Pilchard oil, (plus any old smelly bait from the freezer put through a mincer & added) then mix the lot with an equal amount of "mole earth" or sand to make it sink.
It goes down like a stone, & works, & groundbaiting appears to be a "social thing", those downtide reaping the benefit as well!:g: now you have the formula you can share your groundbait with me next time!:yeah:

#9 ·
excellent report and pis guys, gona have a go at making some ground bait, cant see the missis being too excited about me using the kitchen though!!!!

#11 ·
Was a good day out shame i lost my trigger(my own fault), dont matter though i will be down there again soon to get him. Managed 12species between us
hi m8 were u and a m8 on your keyaks on sun oxwich, if so i was a few yds away from u in the blue/green kayak

#13 ·
Yeh Brand, i was the one who left my anchor down there to keep yours company

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.