World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to dive Oxwich wreck last night, as mentioned in TRIGGER FISH TAGGING!

Used Blueskips co-ordinates that he kindly provided, anchored the boat, dropped down the anchor line, SAND, SAND and 3 cockles in 20 mins! DID the wreck get moved????

Im not saying BLUESKIPS co-ordiantes were wrong :slap:, could be my GPS, an under estimate of tidal movement, etc etc, he clearly knows where it is, he fishes it!

BUT can anyone help me with other co0ordinates/ landmarks of WHERE IT IS! its not easy underwater with only 5 feet visability so need to land bang on it with a high tide dive because if, as I suspect, i move in the wrong direction, il never find it!

Apparently there is a rock with an arrow, any pics? is it visible at high tide?

anyway, while I was diving, and the boat not being near the wreck, the old man trolled around and picked up 3 mackeral. returned (I think dropped) one and is eating the other 2 for lunch!

Also of interest, we were recovering the boat at 8.45 there was a hold up on the slip, two mates in similar boats had managed to let their boats collide in the surf, one was damaged below the water line with a 2 foot gash and promptly sunk!:wallbash: He got it on his trailer and as he pulled it onto the slip, his tyres BURST with the weight, :wallbash:cant be happy with that!!! Felt so sorry for them both!

Eventful evening and despite seeing lots of sand, it was awesome to be on and in the water with no rain!! do three count as beating a blank if they were not rod and line? :doh:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
White arrow on cliff face, directly inline with it, about 200mts out, is a very small (now weed covered) bouy, which is only visible +- 2hrs either side of low water, about 30mts INSIDE the bouy (directly in line with the arrow) is "the big black thing" we all seemed to want to moor over last week!:whistling:
The cliff face & arrow are visible at high water, but the bouy isnt, if you anchor about 150mts directly opposite the arrow, you will drop down the funnel, have you got a depth sounder/fishfinder, that will let you know when its up your arse!:whistling:

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
White arrow on cliff face, directly inline with it, about 200mts out, is a very small (now weed covered) bouy, which is only visible +- 2hrs either side of low water, about 30mts INSIDE the bouy (directly in line with the arrow) is "the big black thing" we all seemed to want to moor over last week!:whistling:
The cliff face & arrow are visible at high water, but the bouy isnt, if you anchor about 150mts directly opposite the arrow, you will drop down the funnel, have you got a depth sounder/fishfinder, that will let you know when its up your arse!:whistling:
Hey Vic ask Lobster Diver to retrieve the anchor trip gizmo I so kindly tossed over to you FOC on Sunday which you promptly dropped in the drink:doh:

headlight

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Hey Vic ask Lobster Diver to retrieve the anchor trip gizmo I so kindly tossed over to you FOC on Sunday which you promptly dropped in the drink:doh:

headlight
while your down there find my anchor ..also which i lost su:headhurt::headhurt:n cheers

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
sounds as if it would be worth taking mr lobster out on a bigger boat to retreive lost anchors, set it up with ropes etc, you would have a load.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have been miles off :doh: I should have found it by the trail of Anchors down there, :happy: but all I got was SAND!

I will HAPPILY retrieve ALL your anchors provided I find the bloody thing! I trust your names and addresses are clearly marked on them ? or a telephone number? lol

I got a depth finder But I was really pushed for time last nite with the high tide and the closing of the gate! so I didnt troll back and forth to find it!

I may well have a go Saturday/Sunday morning at low tide when the buoy will hopefully help! I looked for this white arrow last nite but my eye sight has gone to ***** these last 3 years!:nerd: didnt see it!

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
I must have been miles off :doh: I should have found it by the trail of Anchors down there, :happy: but all I got was SAND!

I will HAPPILY retrieve ALL your anchors provided I find the bloody thing! I trust your names and addresses are clearly marked on them ? or a telephone number? lol

I got a depth finder But I was really pushed for time last nite with the high tide and the closing of the gate! so I didnt troll back and forth to find it!

I may well have a go Saturday/Sunday morning at low tide when the buoy will hopefully help! I looked for this white arrow last nite but my eye sight has gone to ***** these last 3 years!:nerd: didnt see it!
YOU CANT MISS THE WHITE ARROW WITH A BIG W ABOVE IT :doh:THE WRECK IS WHERE I PUT THAT PICK UP WITH THE 2 TRIGGERS KISSING:lmao::lmao:150 YARDS FROM THE ARROW :victory:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts

!
Sell them back to 'em, shame to go to all that effort without some kind of remuneration, lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sell them back to 'em, shame to go to all that effort without some kind of remuneration, lol
MMMM....... Ian (headlight) and blueskip I have found to be particularly helpful, they can have a free one each, IF I find them and there are really that many!!! its a big ocean floor, regularly dived and with only being able to see about 5 feet at a time, i doubt il need that big a boat!

Id happily take a few quid otherwise, air tanks dont get filled for free i suppose!

I Cant believe I didnt see this arrow, gona take my sea bins next time, get a closer look!!!! I might have been a few feet away and just swam left instead of right, its near impossible to navigate 20 - 25 FEET DOWN!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts