World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met with a stiffer SE breeze than I expected tried 2 hours up to high. Thought I'd try something different to discourage the dogs. Had some supermarket king prawns in the freezer I'd bought discounted never used them before. Had 7 Whiting in the end all on prawns one about 12" then a couple smaller and the rest all pins difficult to see the bites. Best news was no dogs at all unless it was the easterly that put them off, certainly a bit chillier than my last session 馃榾

Registered
Met with a stiffer SE breeze than I expected tried 2 hours up to high. Thought I'd try something different to discourage the dogs. Had some supermarket king prawns in the freezer I'd bought discounted never used them before. Had 7 Whiting in the end all on prawns one about 12" then a couple smaller and the rest all pins difficult to see the bites. Best news was no dogs at all unless it was the easterly that put them off, certainly a bit chillier than my last session 馃榾
Only time i had something on a prawn!
I caught a live prawn in a pool around 4 inch long! while crabbing down at porteynon
Used it dead on pennal at Brandy cove to get a Bull Huss around 4.5lb nice fish too t b f!馃憤馃悷

Registered
Can't believe I've been fishing so long without giving them a try, might see how they go with the flatties down the estuary on weekend
Get a pawn net and use them live, hook um by the tails and float fish them. If you put 2 on at a time they will 'kick' against each other, Bass will take them no problem.
Something I've done at a few marks but normally spring / summer time.
They will still take a raw dead prawn off the bottom, i know for sure it works in the rivers for Bass. Might try Bacon next :D
Good luck bud !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts