World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and the local lad fishing oxwich early hours sunday..
any hotspots?? any tips?? using maddies and peelers.
anything else we should know???
help most appreciated...
cheers lads...

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Only tip I can give you is stay off Chapel rocks, tides are a bit big, you'd be well constricted :thumbs:

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
i have only fished it once and that was at the wsf meet, the hotspot seems to be to the right hand side of the beach, i was half tempted by the rocks so thanks for the tip to stay clear of them, there doesnt seem to be many reports regarding oxwich so i think its one of those places that could be very hit or miss. we'll give it our best shot!1:punk:

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
i have only fished it once and that was at the wsf meet, the hotspot seems to be to the right hand side of the beach, i was half tempted by the rocks so thanks for the tip to stay clear of them, there doesnt seem to be many reports regarding oxwich so i think its one of those places that could be very hit or miss. we'll give it our best shot!1:punk:
get off your fone iv been trying to ring you:bangin::bangin:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Dont worry about the tide being to high for the rocks, I have fished there a couple of times on tides well over 12 m. Space is only an issue if its a really, really big tide and there is a big swell. Stay of there though if its bee raining, the rocks are like glass when wet. If you do go of chapel rocks try fresh peeler last few hours of the evening flod and you should get a smoothie.

Another good spot is a 15min walk down the beach in the direction of 3 cliffs, you will come across the marsh drain. This is a good spot for bass on worm baits but make sure you have a gripper lead as there is a fair bit of tide pull there and your bait will be on the beach in mins!

Enjoy and watch out for the kite surfers, jet skiers dog walkers, kayakers etc....

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
Dont worry about the tide being to high for the rocks, I have fished there a couple of times on tides well over 12 m. Space is only an issue if its a really, really big tide and there is a big swell. Stay of there though if its bee raining, the rocks are like glass when wet. If you do go of chapel rocks try fresh peeler last few hours of the evening flod and you should get a smoothie.

Another good spot is a 15min walk down the beach in the direction of 3 cliffs, you will come across the marsh drain. This is a good spot for bass on worm baits but make sure you have a gripper lead as there is a fair bit of tide pull there and your bait will be on the beach in mins!

Enjoy and watch out for the kite surfers, jet skiers dog walkers, kayakers etc....

great thanks is there any chance of gettig cut off on the rocks and do i need rottie bottom rigs off the rocks?
cheers m8:punk:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
great thanks is there any chance of gettig cut off on the rocks and do i need rottie bottom rigs off the rocks?
cheers m8:punk:
If you fish chapel rocks there is no chance of being cut off no matter how big tide is. As other saiid, on the really really big tides the room at the top just gets restricted a bit. Not good if there are more than 4 anglers on there. No need for Rot Bots either. You will be unlucky if you lose tackle.

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
dave you are a legend m8, theres only 2 of us so we should be ok, thanks for the sound advice, advice like that is what makes this site class!!:punk:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah cheers for that mate. great advice like that is always appreciated.
thanks again.
we'll keep a nice bass for u :whistling
lol

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
dave you are a legend m8, theres only 2 of us so we should be ok, thanks for the sound advice, advice like that is what makes this site class!!:punk:
There may only be 2 of you but there may be others there before you arrive. Get there early for the best spot, 3 hrs before h/t and the water will be just reaching the rocks. I have found the best spot to be right on the end (looking towards the point) then look over to three clifs and cast to '2 o'clock'. There is some nice mixed ground there, but if your there early enough you will see the ground anyway.

·
Team Keens
2,386 Posts
Myself and Mumbly_Zac fished there last night. Was the worst session we have had in ages. 10 Dogs 2 tiny Schoolies and 2 tiny Flounders. Complete waste of money. Good luck tho.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
14 fish, your worst session in ages, I'd be proud of that one!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill be happy to just have a good little battle with something after blanking at genith on wednesday morning.
but we'll see.
best of luck to myself... lmao:bangin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts