World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't hold out a lot of hope for the first mark we fished as it was the wrong state of tide, but as we were passing anyway I stopped for 2 drifts 'just in case'; 2 drifts later, only one schoolie caught so we headed a few miles further west; here we had about a dozen more bass - a few of a reasonable size - lots lost for one reason or another.

IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1534.JPG

Over LW we headed back for a few hours on the reef, here started very strongly with a few bream, pollack, mackerel, huss, smooth hound, poor cod and a nice red mullet coming within the first 30mins of settling on the mark - it then went completely dead!

IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG

After an hour and half of motionless rods we headed back offshore - in short, it was pants!! We headed another 10miles west - that was worse!! We finished with a tally of 3 bass and 3 whiting for the afternoon's efforts! The weather was nice, Richy cooked up a nice bit of grub - fishing was challenging at times!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I didn't hold out a lot of hope for the first mark we fished as it was the wrong state of tide, but as we were passing anyway I stopped for 2 drifts 'just in case'; 2 drifts later, only one schoolie caught so we headed a few miles further west; here we had about a dozen more bass - a few of a reasonable size - lots lost for one reason or another.

View attachment 966449 View attachment 966441 View attachment 966417

Over LW we headed back for a few hours on the reef, here started very strongly with a few bream, pollack, mackerel, huss, smooth hound, poor cod and a nice red mullet coming within the first 30mins of settling on the mark - it then went completely dead!

View attachment 966409 View attachment 966425 View attachment 966433 View attachment 966457

After an hour and half of motionless rods we headed back offshore - in short, it was pants!! We headed another 10miles west - that was worse!! We finished with a tally of 3 bass and 3 whiting for the afternoon's efforts! The weather was nice, Richy cooked up a nice bit of grub - fishing was challenging at times!
That's the biggest red mullet I have seen caught in UK waters, nice one Dean.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah cracking red that to be fair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts