World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FB_IMG_1513794952589.jpg

A decent forecast saw us heading out on the 8am lock with 10 of us onboard including skipper John Elvins + crew. John took us to a mark a mile or two SE of the swigg with whiting in mind. First drop I had a bite which didn't feel like the usual spotted inhabitant of the bay, but was a stonking whiting of 2lb 8oz. We had plenty more whiting, and dogs, at that mark with most being a good size of 12 oz to a pound, but no more to match the first fish.
As the tide slacked we moved out to the Oyster Ledges to see if any huss were about. A couple of Huss were landed but were no bigger than the dogs. With only whiting and dogs on the ledges we moved inshore off Mumbles where we found some nice dabs to finish the day. We were back in about 3 ish with a good haul of whiting and dabs for those who wanted fish to take home.

For more details on Mumbles Motor Boat and Fishing Club. http://mmbfc.co.uk/Home.php

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
View attachment 1039868
A decent forecast saw us heading out on the 8am lock with 10 of us onboard including skipper John Elvins + crew. John took us to a mark a mile or two SE of the swigg with whiting in mind. First drop I had a bite which didn't feel like the usual spotted inhabitant of the bay, but was a stonking whiting of 2lb 8oz. We had plenty more whiting, and dogs, at that mark with most being a good size of 12 oz to a pound, but no more to match the first fish.
As the tide slacked we moved out to the Oyster Ledges to see if any huss were about. A couple of Huss were landed but were no bigger than the dogs. With only whiting and dogs on the ledges we moved inshore off Mumbles where we found some nice dabs to finish the day. We were back in about 3 ish with a good haul of whiting and dabs for those who wanted fish to take home.

For more details on Mumbles Motor Boat and Fishing Club. http://mmbfc.co.uk/Home.php
I told you that the best whiting were "over the mud" :D Nice fish Colin & there are lots more to be had from now on, especially on sprat fillets ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts