World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday is the only day of the bank holiday weekend that was remotely fishable, one of the other skippers already had his name down to take a trip, so I put my name down to join the trip - all I had to do was show up and fish. 7:30am saw us almost leaving one of the anglers in the marina, but soon enough we were out into the bay pushing through the meter or so swell which had built during the strong winds on Thursday.

When we got to Oxwich the swell the headland cut out the swell giving really comfortable conditions. Doggies were first to show, as they often are... but soon enough a few dabs start coming aboard too,as the morning continues we add Weaver fish, Plaice, Turbot and Thornback ray to the species count.

We over slack water we tried to find a couple more plaice on a different mark, but not a nibble - so headed back to the first mark, but one little turbot, a few little dabs and dogs were all we had to show for the afternoon.

Ended the day with 18-20 dabs, 3-4 Turbot, 1 Plaice, 2 Weavers, 1 Thornback and a few dogs. We were back in the marina for 4:30pm.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Friday is the only day of the bank holiday weekend that was remotely fishable, one of the other skippers already had his name down to take a trip, so I put my name down to join the trip - all I had to do was show up and fish. 7:30am saw us almost leaving one of the anglers in the marina, but soon enough we were out into the bay pushing through the meter or so swell which had built during the strong winds on Thursday.

When we got to Oxwich the swell the headland cut out the swell giving really comfortable conditions. Doggies were first to show, as they often are... but soon enough a few dabs start coming aboard too,as the morning continues we add Weaver fish, Plaice, Turbot and Thornback ray to the species count.

We over slack water we tried to find a couple more plaice on a different mark, but not a nibble - so headed back to the first mark, but one little turbot, a few little dabs and dogs were all we had to show for the afternoon.

Ended the day with 18-20 dabs, 3-4 Turbot, 1 Plaice, 2 Weavers, 1 Thornback and a few dogs. We were back in the marina for 4:30pm.
Great report as always dean fair play.
That crab looks to be legal for the table. ?
Keith

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
it was a nice day to go out but the fishing was pants. We went east for a try just eels and dogs for us tho

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Good report & lovely pics, great to see some fish showing up, gives us all a lift, especially those turbot it gives me an idea for a "cunning plan" ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts