World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be staying in the Ozona / Old palm harbour near clearwater Florida in August any good fishing spots/ Charter skipper in the area????

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Will be staying in the Ozona / Old palm harbour near clearwater Florida in August any good fishing spots/ Charter skipper in the area????
Hi mate.. i don,t know any charter skippers in that area but theres good sport to be had on the bridges & piers on light spinning tackle and also bottom feeding gear.... it,s worth a look at the Reddington fishing pier just south of clearwater beach on the barrier island... i don,t know if you know the area well so if you don,t here go,s...... most of the Florida coastline is made up of "barrier islands"... most if not all are accessable by bridges, on & around these bridges are usually good places to fish with lots of species to target .... bait shops are plentiful & live shrimp will catch most fish.. i usually take a light 6ft spinning rod , a medium 7ft spinning rod & an Abu pro boat up/down tider for the bigger fish (tarpon, snook, redfish , black drum) basically i go to a venue with a good variation of shrimp sizes upto about 7 inches and a few frozen fish baits, live bait is easily caught as well , just watch the locals..... if you see someone using a castnet successfully then chances are you,ll get some free livebait if you show an interest... if you need any tackle theres some decent stuff at the supermarkets including rods and reels (walmart/k-mart) and you won,t believe the prices.. for local info when your there, small tackle shops are best i,ve been going there 12 years & mostly twice a year now & the fishing can be fantastic without spending a fortune..... if it,s a charter your after i,d just google "ozona fishing charters" i,m sure something will come up ... good luck & tight lines mate.... Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts