World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent 3½ hours watching the tide go out at Croyde. Was hoping to meet up with Paul the Rookie ... didn't ... but he didn't miss much!

It looked like a good surf, no weed, no moon until late, but sandeel, squid and maddies all drew blanks. There were at least two lights on Down End rocks and more the other way, over on the sewer pipe, but I think I was the only sucker on the beach ... maybe they knew something I didn't!

It was all finished off nicely when crowd of drunks charged down the beach to splash about and scream themselves hoarse.

But what pees me off the most is that it's June now ... JUNE ... and there seems to be bugger all coming off the sand anywhere [with one exception: Paul had 2 nice bass here 2 nights back]. That said, I can't remember the last time I blanked at any rock/mixed ground mark.

So I'm thinking of packing up fishing — beaches — for the foreseeable future [bit of a bummer after just having splashed out on 2 beachcasters], at least until someone starts posting some decent catch reports.

I won't hold my breath.
:uhuh:

·
Registered
210 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, ive just spent the evening at mutton cove (plymouth) and lost 6 sets of gear. and all i had to show for it was 2 doggies.

feel exactly the same at the mo

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just spent 3½ hours watching the tide go out at Croyde. Was hoping to meet up with Paul the Rookie ... didn't ... but he didn't miss much!

It looked like a good surf, no weed, no moon until late, but sandeel, squid and maddies all drew blanks. There were at least two lights on Down End rocks and more the other way, over on the sewer pipe, but I think I was the only sucker on the beach ... maybe they knew something I didn't!

It was all finished off nicely when crowd of drunks charged down the beach to splash about and scream themselves hoarse.

But what pees me off the most is that it's June now ... JUNE ... and there seems to be bugger all coming off the sand anywhere [with one exception: Paul had 2 nice bass here 2 nights back]. That said, I can't remember the last time I blanked at any rock/mixed ground mark.

So I'm thinking of packing up fishing — beaches — for the foreseeable future [bit of a bummer after just having splashed out on 2 beachcasters], at least until someone starts posting some decent catch reports.

I won't hold my breath.
:uhuh:
you aint the only one mate,i spent 3 hours down to low on harlyn last nite with crab and eel ,hoping for a bass or ray,not a touch,havent fished it for years ,wont fish it again for several more i reckon
it was a last resort as to big a groundsea for where i wanted to fish,the best time is coming!

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, ive just spent the evening at mutton cove (plymouth) and lost 6 sets of gear. and all i had to show for it was 2 doggies.

feel exactly the same at the mo
hi lads take a trip up to our part of the world and go to west wales the bass are running big time read our reports from time to time dont give up just fish wales lol tightlines andy ilsf..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts