World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Padstow?

906 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  36381 
#1 ·
Hi, Gonna be down in Padstow sunday and would love to do a bit of float fishing/spinning for Macky etc. Can anyone recommend a spot not too far away. Don't mind driving a bit but won't have much time. Any help much appreciated.

#3 ·
Drive down to Trevone bay,about 2 miles outside Padstow,on the Newquay road, park up ( got to pay, but thats normal these days). Take the coast path around the right hand side of the bay as you look out to sea... at the end of the coast path,where it turns right there is a large outcrop of rocks, called Madrips, with a few very easy ledges to get to and fish off..you can feather for Mackies, or floatfish close in for Pollack,or Bass,or bottom fish for Ray, or Bass.
Its about a five minute walk from the car park.

Failing that,you can fish off Padstow outer Harbour wall if the tide is in, once you have got a free permit from the harbour office. You can catch Mackies and Garfish when floatfishing small strips of Mackerel or squid. Bottom fishing, there is a chance of Flounder, or Mullet.

Or, park in Padstow, take the coast path out of town heading up the estuary, toward St Petrocs well,after about five mins, you will see a path down to the right,leading to the low tide ferry landing, there are some easy access rock marks down there to the right of the steps that you can float fish or spin off for Mackies and Gars. Only really fishable when there is some water in the estuary,i.e, on a rising tide or when ebbing from high tide, time it right you can easily get 4 hours or more.I like it there myself,easy access, close to town.

Dave.

#6 ·
Some cracking marks around padstow area if I was u I would give between chidleys and George's well a go early morning couple hours either side of low water Peeler crab and Lug! Don't stand static fish in one area possibly hour then if not much joy move across beach left or right hundred yards "best of luck" look forward to u posting saying how it went

#8 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Only had a few hours for fishing so popped down to trevone and tried off the rocks on the end. Started feathering as didn't have any bait. Nothing. Then noticed a half macky someone had left.It was a bit dry but ok, so cut a nice strip and put the float on. Had one nice mack, about 1 lb, and that was it. Hopefully be down that way later in the year so look forward to trying some of the other spots. Really beautiful coast down there. Off to Falmouth next week so any advice on similar marks for a bit of float / spinning greatly appreciated.
Ben

#11 ·
if u fishing falmouth rocks going off from swanpool always worth a chuck with a plug, theres that castle pendennis its deep water easy access not my cup of tea tho. theres also bens shop down there up a side street near trago, could just pop in there ask them. if u head a little out of town towards st mawes etc just get on the coast path and walk theres 1000s of places that are good fishing.
the beauty of discovery !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.