World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from pagam,ad me first smutt ov the year only a tiddler though about 3lbs and a schoolie about 1lbs 6oz and as for poor old schu.............well he got the cheque book and pen...lol.few other smutts came up nearer club house,nice night for it though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hayling not much better last night in near perfect smut conditions. No weed at all, though! Bet you did at Pagham?

One babe on squid.
Pestered by small bream which were taking whole squid heads on 2/0s.

Caught a prime live cuttle (small male) .... didn't have the heart to kill it!

Ada
Only had a problem with the weed at high...........but it wernt tooooo bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my virgin posting . I was at selsey saturday night to , with my daughter and nephews , the weed wasn't bad as it goes . I lost 2 , one broke me and the other shook the hook at my feet . I did manage to beach 2 though 10lb 9oz and 11lb 5oz , but my daughter had her first on a carp rod and 10lb line . After a 20min scrap it hit the scales at 12lb 4oz , not bad being she only starting sea fishing 2 months ago . Bites were thin on the ground . She can't wait to go again !

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
This is my virgin posting . I was at selsey saturday night to , with my daughter and nephews , the weed wasn't bad as it goes . I lost 2 , one broke me and the other shook the hook at my feet . I did manage to beach 2 though 10lb 9oz and 11lb 5oz , but my daughter had her first on a carp rod and 10lb line . After a 20min scrap it hit the scales at 12lb 4oz , not bad being she only starting sea fishing 2 months ago . Bites were thin on the ground . She can't wait to go again !
well done...where abouts were you sat?,by the groins/west beach/pipe?

·
Registered
8 Posts
we fished west sands just to the left of the boat ramp , out side the club . there was a match there too , but as far as i could tell the majority were using crab and couldn't get past the eels . We were using 4 to 5 med ragworm just to but us time from the crabs that were robbing the bait

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Nice session there matey and what a lovely picture of an obviously well chuffed young lady..........bet that makes it into the family album ahead of most others!! Cracking :notworthy

All the best (and a warm welcome to the site to you both)

Andy. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
just got back from pagam,ad me first smutt ov the year only a tiddler though about 3lbs and a schoolie about 1lbs 6oz and as for poor old schu.............well he got the cheque book and pen...lol.few other smutts came up nearer club house,nice night for it though.
you seem to be bad omen for our schu! when his confidence is really low at the mo, I'm sure he will bounce back soon, keep the faith schu! ernie said you caught fish today, me I win and i don't even fish oh yes.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
you seem to be bad omen for our schu! when his confidence is really low at the mo, I'm sure he will bounce back soon, keep the faith schu! ernie said you caught fish today, me I win and i don't even fish oh yes.
Is this you ..... i go home from a match after an hour because i'm getting thrashed ?

Hope your turn up to the Worthing/Shoreham match monday .... dont worry you'll be home in bed by 9. :clap2:

Saw Ernie today - must have been his lunch break :blink::blink:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Id call a any double figure hound a good fish, but when you put loads of time in all you can think about is that high double figure hound, have seen a good number of 18 - 20lb fish in the past, but yet to get one myself personally, just a matter of time really! i hope anyway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts