World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been on the beach iwth the dog at the very low water lunchtime today it yet again struck me how much the beach has changed since the dredger was in with the spit above water all the way down to the 2nd rock groyne and still visible just under the water to the 3rd rock groyne!

This is creating fast water all the way along the front of the groynes with big eddies behind them. I was just wondering if anyone had noted a big change to the fishing as yet, particularly on the Church Norton bank for it is now very difficult to get to what I now guess are the main holding points pre-flood.

Also, if your planning getting down there be aware that there is loads of weed around after last nights blow.

Iain

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been fishing church norton side for three years I fish it regularly from June to October two summers ago I caught many bass between 4-8lb on surface plugs and on the fly generally it would fish well three hours before high tide and three to five hours after one session three of us landed 60 fish in 45 min between 4-10lb with my friend Brett losing one we estimated to be 14lb plus , that session was the first week in October since then it has got progressively worse, this year I have only landed bass you can count on one hand last year fish were plentiful but very small this year none existent, the features have changed massively in this time and I think it has had a detrimental effect???? I was there Sunday and had three mackerel and one bass at low tide! I am there most weekends.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a really useful overview so thanks for the feedback. I'm now wondering if there might be more fish in teh eddies round the groyne so might give that more attention than the church norton bank and will let you know how it goes.

Cheers, Iain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts