World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how Pagham's been fishing just recently?
I'm thinking more in terms of Bream and Gars, etc., rather than Smoothounds. Any Sole showing?
Cheers in advance:thumbs:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Only a couple of rods been down over the last few days, and from what I saw walking the beach last night, there is plenty of the long stringy weed about, clumps of it along the high water line and you can see even more drifting about 30 yards out.

The bream are still here but are generally between 12oz to 1lb, not seen a Garf this year yet, or a sole either.

Sorry to give you less than encouraging news. If the predicted light winds from the North over the next few days come true then maybe the fishing will pick up.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Robin,

I wouldn't say renowned but they do turn up around now for a few weeks. I wouldn't target them specifically but I do tend to go down to size 6 hooks on my 3-hook flappers at this time of year to give me a better chance of picking one up.
Looking at your customers and Andy Colmer's report regarding them at Shoreham, I'd stay down that end and spend the petrol money on bait, might even venture east myself if I ever manage to finish rebuilding the bathroom, only another 254 tiles to stick on the wall!!!

Had another look at the beach whilst the RNLI and Coastguard Helo were giving a rescue demo this afternoon, the weed is still about.

If I do come east are the GG mullet still about, still waiting to catch my first true mullet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts