World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Pagham with mark444 and abupro last night from about half 6 ish thru til half 1. High tide was about ten. Fishing different baits at different distances, started out as a crap night for me. Crack off trying to "plop' a sole rig in short with a Penn.525. Not amused. Then the red horrible weed came. Nearly made me pack up. Real thick red rubbish that messed my line right up, bout an hour before high and thru til just after. This stuck around for a while and there was a massive surf crashing covering your line when retrieving. Manly pout caught and mark had a few baby thornbacks. Last cast luck, got fed up with weed and was shattered so brought my 2 up 1 down in and saw a little flash of silver. Great, another little pout. Oh well no blank. Bit closer to see a baby thorny on the other hooks with a double shot of rays and a pout. My first ever ray believe it or not so I was chuffed. Will put a pic up later of our group of rays lol

G

·
Sounds a challenging night. Good effort, Rays are lovely to catch any size, when you flip them over and see their faces.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds a challenging night. Good effort, Rays are lovely to catch any size, when you flip them over and see their faces.
It was a little bit mate, by the time I got to bed I'd nearly been up 24 hours with a day at work in between so I wasn't in the mood for weed! Lol agree there, always look so happy to be caught! :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
well done on your first rays mate, they are great looking fish..sometimes if you get an angry one it will hiss at you lol ive had quite a few down that way this year..found that a thin strip of squid works best for em, but they also like rag.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well done for toughing it out and getting a few fish. I'm yet to catch my first ray, i think i'm going to make that next years target.

Tight lines
Ben

·
Registered
385 Posts
It just shows how things can change so quickly Jay. Weed was very minimal on Sunday night, long and short. Congrats on the Ray. It's reassuring seeing those fit little baby Rays. Hopefully they won't end up in nets and grow to a nice size.
Mark

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done for toughing it out and getting a few fish. I'm yet to catch my first ray, i think i'm going to make that next years target.

Tight lines
Ben
Thanks Ben, cool little creatures! I've been trying all year, albeit not that hard.....

Well done lads gd report shame about the weed though
A right pain mate. You good today? Good to see ya again matey.

It just shows how things can change so quickly Jay. Weed was very minimal on Sunday night, long and short. Congrats on the Ray. It's reassuring seeing those fit little baby Rays. Hopefully they won't end up in nets and grow to a nice size.
Mark
Doesn't it just mark. It was a fairly bit tide but it was a right pain for me! Thanks mate, it is they are there by the hundreds I reckon.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks nathy mate. I'm surprised there wasn't whiting tbh. Then again checked chimet and bramblemet while there and the water temp was higher there than kicker so maybe that's playing a part. Did have a lovely slack line I've only just remembered about which had some kick then it dropped. Coulda been a stray cod or dog. Meh lol

G

·
Thanks nathy mate. I'm surprised there wasn't whiting tbh. Then again checked chimet and bramblemet while there and the water temp was higher there than kicker so maybe that's playing a part. Did have a lovely slack line I've only just remembered about which had some kick then it dropped. Coulda been a stray cod or dog. Meh lol
There wasn`t any whiting because we caught all the f*****g things the night before,anyway what are you doing fishing? you should be rod building!! [and what number am i in the queue]?...... Alan

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pic at last, now the housework is finished....such an exciting life i lead when not fishing/rod building! :whistling anyway, they were on a team box lid, not beta so they are that much bigger....!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.