World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shetland alaska that i bought had been painted over gel coat with out sanding down so it looks like gel coat good condition so far but its a cream and yellowish colour not the nicest colour so i might paint it again with international 2 pack paint how much would i need to paint a boat this size around 17 foot was thinking of painting it rochelle red . Cabin and topside white or i might keep original gel coat if there isnt too many marks on it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Length x (beam+depth) x 0.85 will give you a fair idea of the square footage of your hull, for antifoul use waterline x (beam+draught} x 0.85.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
i used 1 tin of 2-pac on my pilot and still had a little left in the bottom i put 2 coats on looks nice now my pilot is 19.5ft sorry 18.5ft lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know the yellows a bogging colour but if its decent underneath i'd clean it up and leave it original that way its always going to sell on, theres loads of them that colour. If your determined to paint it find a good car sprayer and get him to do a casher for you using 2 pack paint.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I know the yellows a bogging colour but if its decent underneath i'd clean it up and leave it original that way its always going to sell on, theres loads of them that colour. If your determined to paint it find a good car sprayer and get him to do a casher for you using 2 pack paint.
How much would expect to pay for a spray?
Cheers

·
Registered
507 Posts
How much would expect to pay for a spray?
Cheers
Would depend on the individual doing it and how many repairs are needed, if its just the hull theres very little masking or messing about
A quick flatten with a DA sander or a scotch pad, spot prime any repairs and paint it would be really straight forward for a paint sprayer,
Some charge the earth because not many have the skills or facilitys to do it others are reasonable, just a case of asking around first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts