World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just started sea fishing after a 20 year break.
i bought a tilley lamp off ebay, but it keeps breaking down on the beach,
but seems to work well at home ??????
anyway im thinking of buying a new lamp has any one got any ideas to which is the brightest and most reliable paraffin lamp

i've been looking at anchor lamps if anyone has info on them

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Beast,

Check ou this website if you're gonna order a new lamp, they are crackin prices and good service..I'm sure the lads will back me up when i say you can't get much better than a button ignition Northstar!!
There's a few on this site but have a little browse m8!!!
Pottsy

http://www.jims.org.uk/fishing/lamps.htm

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you're having problems with the link just try jims mailorder and search in camping for lamps!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi mate you can still buy tilley lamp service packs eg. replacment jet packs complete with valve. You can also replace the pump as well if you dont want to buy a new lamp all together. My local tackle shop sells them but i,m not sure of the price you may have to check some of you local shops or online shops.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a coleman rechargable table lamp,wonderful piece of kit,got high and low(low is more than bright enough),and it lasted over 10 hrs and still had power left before it needed recharging

Cost me £17 on ebay

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi m8

the mantle dosn't seem to have a fall glow, with small flames coming out, then dies,

to replace the vaporiser, burner and spigot will cost over 50 quid.
thats why im thing of buying new

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
rite i suggest u check the needle in the stem, that can cause that prob, they are about 8 quid in thew ironmongers, thats wot i done to mine an it worked lovely. just a suggestion,......

·
Registered
542 Posts
id go with the northstar i think they are supposed to be 500cp better still dont use a lamp and get a decent headlamp instead lot less hassle imho

·
Registered
282 Posts
try a jet pin to clean your jet same as the one,s for blow lamps might just b clogged. £50 you say to replace the vaporiser spigot & burner I,m sure i seen them lot cheaper try some other shops( you never know m8 )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts