World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was reading in one of the magazines about a Paravane that when trolling will pull the lure down without the need for a big weight, have any of you guys used these? Do they go straight to the bottom and how do you control depth?

CHeers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had one of these about 10 years ago. Used it when sailing to catch a bit of fresh fish for dinner.

The one I had had two settings for depth but can not remember what they were but it was something like 10 and 20 feet depth. It also had settings to control if it moved to the left or right of the boat when thrown overboard.

The great thing about it was that after the fish took the lure the paravane 'tripped' and then rose to the surface. So it was just throw and forget.

Not looked on the Internet but if you find one can you let me know where as am going sailing to Scotland in a couple of weeks and would be fun to try again.

Best Regards

Paul
:)

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
I have some I bought in the USA. They are adjustable for depth from 5 feet down to 80 feet by changing where you clip the line on, and when a fish is on they turn upside down and rise to the surface. Mine cost less than $4 each. The real plus is the create hardly any drag so you can troll with a light rod, sooo different from trolling with a pound of lead behind you to get the bait down. Lots of choices on US web sites but as usual only a few types available here and and many times the price I expect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts