World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I am just looking for some advice. Whilst looking at google earth I noticed a small road going alongside the shingle back towards West Bexington from Abbotsbury. There are areas to park along this road, aw you able to park in these areas overnight?

Please try not to bite my hand off if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

Jon

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
i see people parking there mate though they are actually passing places on a very narrow road , your choice , many do , would cause an issue possibly if too many did it . the road is an access for the cottages along there , it has recently been repaired as it gets a bit beat up .

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Inadvertantly drove down it once when sat nav sent me that way.
When I realised where we were, I dropped the other guys off and drove on through to park at Bexington, because I thought it would be a bit ignorant to block the passing places or gateways by parking there.

The "road" (is it an old wartime coastal defence road?) became very bad with deep ruts in the concrete the further I went - without a 4x4 I would've been screwed I reckon.

Plus it was covered in shingle the Bexi end and I was in danger of machine gunning a few dog walkers as I approached the car park.

Have seen ordinary cars bogged down in shingle there and the general attitude from locals on the beach seemed to be "serves them right, shouldn't park there".

Depending on where I want to fish, the plan in future is to either park at Abbotsbury and walk right, or Bexi and walk left.
It aint really THAT far anyway, as long as you dont take too much unecessary crap with you...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Most of the passing places say no parking...so no you shouldn't park in these bays...people who do are lazy and ignorant.

·
Registered
463 Posts
As said before, they are passing places. If you go to Bexy park in the car park and walk. Too much shingle on the road to drive on. If you go to Abbo it's fine to drive up the road to unload if you have a lot of gear. But go back and park in the car park.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why don't you drive up drop the gear off, drive back to the car park and walk back? Failing that take a bike and cycle back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts