World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,136 Posts
it will be like most places at the moment with mainly small stuff and not a lot of it.

but.......

this is one place, if the water stays clear that you can pick up the odd small plaice if they are there yet with maby a dab or flounder. there is also the outside chance that a turbut could turn up as they have been caught at the base of steetly lately.

fishing from the prom over high will be better for them and an ouside chance of a small bass and undersize coalie.

the low will be quieter with mainly flounder and an odd whiting however the bigger bass turn up here but they are a rare catch.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Bill most gratefull,
Got a end of season match this Sat night And i'm lying second in the club weights and can't afford to blank. So i'm weighing all marks in our boundries.. Horden is Fishing terrible at the moment so might have a wander else where.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easington Fox-holes to The Heugh (but not including the piers) Also our whiting sizes are not fed sizes they are 34cm mate.. Ive been racking my brains for a flatty spot and would normally fish crimdon or even the storm drains.. What do you think Bill??? We fish fed sizes for everthing else except whiting and bass so flattys are the only i can think of to get a decent bag weight...

·
Registered
11,136 Posts
everwheres quiet and given the same i,d fish the storm drains close in for the flounder.the odd turbut or plaice wont be size but your dab size will probably be 20cm. a better cast might get them.

i,m assuming your fishing over high tide.

if low then the clay hole might have dabs, flounder and some decent size whiting in the dark.

local lads fished parton in our comp at the weekend and blanked. in fact everyone fishing in the town blanked. we cant fish steetly or the heugh either.

crimdon is very hit and miss. its the beaches that will give the odd suprise fish.

what about dene holme. straight down where the old pipe was should have a few whiting in the dark and can be good for dabs.

good luck and let know how you get on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fish Horden week in week out and no every nook and cranny but everything is undersize and the moment. We are fishing Sat night 11 o'clock thro to 4 o'clock Sun Morning and yeah into the high tide so just don't what to suggest.. Like you say might give the storm drains a shot.. But certainly let you no the outcome of our match and thanks for your advice...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts