World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished whiteford beach today. wading in deepish water with a big swell made sure i (along with my rucksack) got wet.
anyway, first cast i reeled in a dead weight. turned out to be my biggest flounder of 1lb 15oz and measured 41.5 cm:

very deeply hooked so sacrificed my hook.
a bit later, i was about to reel in and picked up my rod. i felt a sharp tug and responded with a model strike. total fluke, but it was hooked right on the edge of the lip. almost fell off again, but i made sure to tire the fish well before it saw me. seemed to work. weighed in at 2lb 14oz, measuring 49cm:

weed was a nightmare today. :sad2:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice report steve :thumbs:

·
Registered
506 Posts
nice report, you keep the bass? or release em?

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hi steve when i had those 2 pb's bass 2 weeks ago there that was on a big tide as well and wading out at nite on your own is very unnerving and i saw that nite sand banks i'd never seen b4..we all need to watch out /take care ..tidy fish by the way..

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi steve when i had those 2 pb's bass 2 weeks ago there that was on a big tide as well and wading out at nite on your own is very unnerving and i saw that nite sand banks i'd never seen b4..we all need to watch out /take care ..tidy fish by the way..
yes, mate. there are numerous areas where the sand rises and falls. got to be careful in the day, let alone the night.
the bass was kept. don't know why people ask though.:doh:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
yes, mate. there are numerous areas where the sand rises and falls. got to be careful in the day, let alone the night.
the bass was kept. don't know why people ask though.:doh:
I wonder that myself steve...what does it matter?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts