World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished with brill-ant, carp_casters and puddleman last night at Ferring.
First couple of hours very slow and then a few fish started to show. Carp_casters (Dave) was the first of us to catch, shortly after I got a good take, tripod went over and lost the first of a few. Not long after bang went the rod tip and I hooked into a nice fish, took me straight over the breakwater into carp_casters swim, sorry about that lads! After a good battle, with some good advice from Mark (hanleyfender) landed a new pb of 16lb 2oz!!!
Cheers Dave for going in the water for me and cheers for the photo Mark! Pic to follow.
Ended up with one more hound and 4 lost fish:banghead:
Carp_casters had a few hounds between them and a few lost fish, puddleman had 3 or 4 hounds best 11lb+ and a few lost fish,
brill-ant had 3 best of 13lb 10oz!
All in all a frustrating session with weed and lost fish but a great feeling of a new pb.
Good to meet up with everybody last night, hopefully catch up again soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrat's on your PB glad to help and what a great looking hound and it did give a fight..... watching someone being owned was fun.

Well done for landing it through that bank of weed in the surf!!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
First couple of hours very slow and then a few fish started to show. Carp_casters (Dave) was the first of us to catch, shortly after I got a good take, tripod went over and lost the first of a few. Not long after bang went the rod tip and I hooked into a nice fish, took me straight over the breakwater into carp_casters swim, sorry about that lads! After a good battle, with some good advice from Mark (hanleyfender) landed a new pb of 16lb 2oz!!!
Cheers Dave for going in the water for me and cheers for the photo Mark! Pic to follow.
Carp_casters had a few hounds between them and a few lost fish, puddleman had 3 or 4 hounds best 11lb+ and a few lost fish,
All in all a frustrating session with weed and lost fish but a great feeling of a new pb.
Glad the spiders worked 4 u,well done on the pb.

·
Registered
215 Posts
well done on the PB, was a few groins down from you but we got weeded out. Spoke to Mark who filled us in with the good news while we watched Essex D land another.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrat's on your PB glad to help and what a great looking hound and it did give a fight..... watching someone being owned was fun.

Well done for landing it through that bank of weed in the surf!!
Cheers Dave/ Jake,

Be heading down your end in the near future to have a bash for the mullet with Jake, catch you soon!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well done on the PB, was a few groins down from you but we got weeded out. Spoke to Mark who filled us in with the good news while we watched Essex D land another.
The tide was higher lastnight meaning more weed! Was tough going, but there's always a next time!

Nice one Ive.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Good to see you getting in the swing of things with the hounds...:laugh::clap3:

When you say it was quiet for the first couple of hours.....what time did you start?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well done on getting PB

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see you getting in the swing of things with the hounds...:laugh::clap3:

When you say it was quiet for the first couple of hours.....what time did you start?
Just when it was starting to go dark, first bite came about 11pm.
Cheers Hot Wad!

·
Registered
342 Posts
well done on the pb!! bet it fought lovely best sport fish u can catch of the beach within reason!?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Well done getting a personal best last night ,the fish weren't there in numbers last night so good catch mate.:punk:

·
Registered
134 Posts
well done on your new PB. i got mine as well last night at selsey pulled in 4 and lost a couple and got bitten off by a tope. 5oz ish, 6oz ish and my new PB of dead on 10lb and didnt weigh the other. should of come to selsey m8 they were coming thick and fast!

Cheers Tim

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well done on your PB mate, it looked a good fish when it got landed. We were the people with the spaniel who were fishing in the groyne before you. All 3 of us had PB's.:punk:

G

·
Glad the spiders worked 4 u,well done on the pb.
hi jay,
cheers for that!,you are now in my book as the 5th emergancy service number...:busted_co can we get hold of you by ringing 999??

all the best mate!,puddle man....

ps,hope the computer is ok!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts