World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a deep water mark on the fal today couple hours either side of low water.
baits were eel and mackrel
First cast saw a doggie , second a whiting, third a doggie , fourth a small Huss , then a couple more whiting and on my last cast I finally found what I set out for , a big Huss one ounce short of double figures , good to get something worthwhile after weeks of pin whiting and doggies , always get excited what will come up from the depths of the fal

Attachments

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Went to a deep water mark on the fal today couple hours either side of low water.
First cast saw a doggie , second a whiting, third a doggie , fourth a small Huss , then a couple more whiting and on my last cast I finally found what I set out for , a big Huss one ounce short of double figures , good to get something worthwhile after weeks of pin whiting and doggies , always get excited what will come up from the depths of the fal

It looks like its in your garage, did you kill it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice fish caught couple of huss to 7lb about 5years ago other side of docks

·
Registered
25,237 Posts
nice fish,rock and chips for tea.Heard rumours a few codling were being caught up the fal??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice fish mate , do you eat them
Cheers John, I have had Huss or " rock" on my mind that I wanted to try it for a while , so was chuffed to get such a beast , will be eating it this week with enough for some of the family to try too , 99% of my fish go back , I think the odd one for the plate shouldn't be frowned upon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice fish,rock and chips for tea.Heard rumours a few codling were being caught up the fal??
Plenty of whiting , I expect the rain has pushed the cod down the river a bit , but as I write this a mates fishing the same spot as I did yesterday so let's see what he finds in there !

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Cheers John, I have had Huss or " rock" on my mind that I wanted to try it for a while , so was chuffed to get such a beast , will be eating it this week with enough for some of the family to try too , 99% of my fish go back , I think the odd one for the plate shouldn't be frowned upon
yes you are right we put back 90 odd % of our fish

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice Huss mate!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts