World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a short and sweet session the other day early in the morning before work. As it was very bright and hot weather i decided to fish the first few hours of light, got to the shore after sunrise but the sea mist hadnt lifted so still pretty murky and dull. Not a sniff on lures for the first hour on the usual metals, so I changed to a cheb rigged 4 inch paddletail, i was getting snagged up very quickly every cast so was getting peed off but I have it one last cast and halfway through got a subtle take on my lure so I struck in and the rod buckled over.

I knew this was a proper fish from the first headshake but i bullied it up fairly quickly to the surface, tried to slide the net under it but it was too big so had to land it by hand instead. Luckily the fish played ball and it was easy to handle, got it measured, weighed, photo'd and released with minimal agro.

A nice 76cm pollack, weighed at 8lb 2oz. A little under weight for the lenght but a proper pollack on a lure rod 馃帲馃挭馃徎

No other takes after that fish

20210716_201643.jpg

20210716_201843.jpg

Registered
A just reward for finding your target species after the loss of sleep:sleep:
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Registered
Dane you deserve every fish sham馃ゴ you are out there fishing an that's all that can be expected.

Go get them fella, a cracker shore caught Pollock馃槉 some guys would be more than happy with thon fish from a boat, never mind the shore, cracker absolute cracker.

Now how's the cutting ?
The fekin cuttings 90sir馃榿馃憤

Mark ..

Reactions: NIrishDane

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dane you deserve every fish sham馃ゴ you are out there fishing an that's all that can be expected.

Go get them fella, a cracker shore caught Pollock馃槉 some guys would be more than happy with thon fish from a boat, never mind the shore, cracker absolute cracker.

Now how's the cutting ?
The fekin cuttings 90sir馃榿馃憤

Mark ..
Thanks Mark, been searching for a fish like this for quite a while now. Been catching lots of fish up to just over 6lb, and then i get a 7 and an 8 in less than a week. Whats that famous saying about buses :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Good to get it from the Antrim coast too, funny that 2 of the fish most synonymous with the west coast and ive got both my PBs from the east coast 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Dane as your well aware I've fished the Antrim coast for years an have always banged on about , if your willing to put the time in, the Antrim coast holds some very good fish馃ゴ
The South does seem to hold more fish but it's a lot bigger than our wee coastline.

Great PB an like I say馃榿 a lot of guys fish, but only a few of us are passionate.

I should be seeing you soon .

Mark...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dane as your well aware I've fished the Antrim coast for years an have always banged on about , if your willing to put the time in, the Antrim coast holds some very good fish馃ゴ
The South does seem to hold more fish but it's a lot bigger than our wee coastline.

Great PB an like I say馃榿 a lot of guys fish, but only a few of us are passionate.

I should be seeing you soon .

Mark...
Good stuff Mark, let me know whenever you get sorted and will get a session organised asap 馃憤

1 - 12 of 12 Posts