World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well TimmyB was going to put a report up, but I don't know if he will - "I don't want to spoil the surprise!".

Well actually, I will, it was pants. Really shockingly poor. :nonono: For us anyway, as our first trip out to the Breakwater.

We fished pegs 90-100 and between the 3 of us, we caught that huge starry, a decent doggie for TimmyB's dad and about 7 starfish.

Saw a few mackerel coming in on feathers elsewhere and all it seemed to be was dogs, dogs, dogs. Except for us! The only bait I didn't bring was squid, so maybe it was down to that.

Only lost the one rig (on the inside) and despite having all the bait, all the rigs and casting it as far as necessary, it was pretty dismal going.

The wind got up quite a bit by the end of the day after a nice serene start, but overall the fishing was rubbish (for us anyway!).

Still, its nice to add a new species to the tally and it made a change to get out there for the first time. Its a very interesting venue at least. Won't be going again though until we hear some good reports!

Thanks for the advice yesterday - tried everything you said, but just no bass around.

·
South East Regular
835 Posts
as Chris says, a pretty poor (fishing) session but a nice day out. My total haul was a plastic bag and (0) star fish (blanked!). 2 blacklug a hook, large/small fillets of maccy, whole squid/strips with all baits close to the wall, far out, inside and out, NOTHING!

Still, 50p for a nice warm coffee and the access to a toilet with running water was a nice and welcomed surpise.

BRING ON THE WINTER!!! :fish::bounce::fish::bounce::fish:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Aww thats th cutest smoothhound I`ve ever seen :clap:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My total haul was a plastic bag and (0) star fish (blanked!)
...which I might add, you conveniently forgot to mention that said plastic bag required my assistance with the drop-net. Only for it to miraculously take-off as I began to lower the net, when said plastic bag did a very good impression of a kite...:bleh:

G

·
thats the wall for ya!

sometimes like u found out it does fish poor,especially during the daylight in summer.i found it best this time of year just as it gets dark out there.try an evening sesh.4 till 10 i think they are.u gotta be a club member though.it's worth joining if u plan to fish it a few times.

winters the best time out there but getting to the wall is a nightmare due to poxy weather forecasts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts