World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished it tonight with FishnChips. Not too much to report, apart from FINALLY (after 16 months sine last one) getting a raymondo......:yahoo:
Not exactly a monster S.E.....it was all of a pound or so (n thats being generous,lol)....but still a ray, still a new species for me...and therefore another PB (3 this week) :yeah:
Had 2 woofers as well. Tony had a baby tope last cast, he'll try n say he had a raymond of about 6-7lbs, but it came off on the way up from bottom of pier (was still in the water). We did see it though, and he says he touched the leader....so does it count?....you decide lol :thumbs:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Fished it tonight with FishnChips. Not too much to report, apart from FINALLY (after 16 months sine last one) getting a raymondo......:yahoo:
Not exactly a monster S.E.....it was all of a pound or so (n thats being generous,lol)....but still a ray, still a new species for me...and therefore another PB (3 this week) :yeah:
Had 2 woofers as well. Tony had a baby tope last cast, he'll try n say he had a raymond of about 6-7lbs, but it came off on the way up from bottom of pier (was still in the water). We did see it though, and he says he touched the leader....so does it count?....you decide lol :thumbs:
nice 1 mate, on a run. i must of jinxed you last weekend

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
congratulations on the ray it was a bit quiet down there yesterday they like it flat calm was a bit choppy in the afternoon

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice one Martin, got your ray at last :clap:

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Well done Martin
touching leader don't count in my books:fishing1:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dosen"t count in my book either. Could Tony hold the Tope ? The one he had on my boat last week he couldn"t:bleh:

headlight
Lol, yeah he told me about that one, lol.
This was just a wee fella, 1lb tops....but he was still wary of it's teeth....had to borrow my pliers to try crushing the barb, then my scissors to just cut the hook off....whimp :bb:
lol

·
Premium Member
38,245 Posts
Well done on the ray, if he touched the leader that is classed as catch and release providing the leader was not a hundred yards long :laugh: Guesstimating of weight though is stretching a point :laugh:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well done on the ray, if he touched the leader that is classed as catch and release providing the leader was not a hundred yards long :laugh: Guesstimating of weight though is stretching a point :laugh:
Lol Ken, I thought "touching the leader" only applied to big game fishing....marlin, sailfish n wotnot? Funny though, he did say words to the effect of "I'd rather release it in the water though". I'd seriously say it was 6-7 though :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Dosen"t count in my book either. Could Tony hold the Tope ? The one he had on my boat last week he couldn"t:bleh:

headlight
i went:blink: i saw :g:i caught it :yeah: i saw it wasn`t hooked properly didn`t want to drag it all the way to the slip looked a little rough there didn`t want to disturb ohter from the pure lack of ray concentration btw when you going to get your license,, so gave a quick pull up just as it let go of the bait end of:schmoll: it was going to be released anyway better close to the water than from 20ft up in the air :bleh:don`t know what ohter`s on about though dogfish king has been passed on next time i`ll just leave him home ha ha:bleh: i could of landed the ray if i had taken my time was only about 4-6lb looking but so what and the tope was about 34lb8oz less than that boat one i thought it maybe you taking the p122 after trouncing you and dean that day mind you that is the first time this year makes up for the spurs i was promised though anyhow ian have you seen wednesday weather? looking good now to get permission

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i went:blink: i saw :g:i caught it :yeah: i saw it wasn`t hooked properly didn`t want to drag it all the way to the slip looked a little rough there didn`t want to disturb ohter from the pure lack of ray concentration btw when you going to get your license,, so gave a quick pull up just as it let go of the bait end of:schmoll: it was going to be released anyway better close to the water than from 20ft up in the air :bleh:don`t know what ohter`s on about though dogfish king has been passed on next time i`ll just leave him home ha ha:bleh: i could of landed the ray if i had taken my time was only about 4-6lb looking but so what and the tope was about 34lb8oz less than that boat one i thought it maybe you taking the p122 after trouncing you and dean that day mind you that is the first time this year makes up for the spurs i was promised though anyhow ian have you seen wednesday weather? looking good now to get permission
lol Tony..always a pleasure...and always a discussion point the next day :thumbs:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done on the ray Martin :thumbs:, shame on mr chips being scared of a little rubber shark :2: lol
PMSL Marc..I think (and headlight will probably agree)...he wanted a bigger boat :lmao:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts