World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my mother being terminally ill I haven`t been able to get out for a while. Got a free day coming this saturday and wondered where I could try between Hartlepool and Whitby where I can chill out and collect my thoughts. I`ve only got mackerel, squid and mussel as bait so don`t expect much but I guess just being out will help more than if I catch. Any advice appreciated.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Sandsend beach is good for peace and quiet once the tourists have all packed up and gone home. Always plenty of small coalies to keep you amused. Ive also had a few Codling and Flatties off there in the last few weeks :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Plenty of bites at Steetly from small dabs, although there are a few plaice coming in aswell. Could always try the beaches for a thornie?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of the beach between Sandsend and Whitby but don`t know which area to fish from (it is 2 miles long!). Not bothered about the walk if I can park off-road and I plan to fish 2 before and 2 after high water if that helps. Thanks again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i no its a bit further north but try horden beach with the baits you have got you will stand and good chance of a thornback or dogfish. Plus i know there has been place and flounders taking mackerel aswell. Plus you will not see to many people.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I was thinking of the beach between Sandsend and Whitby but don`t know which area to fish from (it is 2 miles long!). Not bothered about the walk if I can park off-road and I plan to fish 2 before and 2 after high water if that helps. Thanks again.
park at the second set of steps that lead on to the beach, you can fish anywhere along there, if you dont catch anything then just move a hundred yards either way until you do catch :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice and kind words. I`ve chosen Sandsend this time but Horden looks worth a chuck in the future. I`ve never been before and from the aerial photos I`ve seen there didn`t seem to be much in the way of access. Anyone kind to enlighten me on where to park etc or is a drop-off and arranged collection the best option?

X

·
0 Posts
horden is ok for parking in day light. But in the dark its a 10 minute walk. if you park at dene holme you can see your car from the beach.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Best place to fish I think at sandsend at the moment is directly infront of the first set of steps down to the beach. Going towards whitby go through sandsend over the streams and park as soon as you can on the roadside parking on the left. Walk back towards sandsend and go down the first set of steps to the beach. Fish directly infront of these. Your fishing right on the edge of where a big area of small boulders and mixed ground meets clean sand. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts