World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having lived in Peacehaven for 7 years, I've only discovered in the last few days (via this forum I might add) that I can gain access to the beaches, and that there is an undercliff walk!!!

I've heard mixed reports on this forum and others.

Has anyone fished them recently or got any tips? I went down there for a stroll today between Steyning Avenue and the Toby Carvery, & it looks fairly unspoiled, and thought I might give it a go soon.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Having lived in Peacehaven for 7 years, I've only discovered in the last few days (via this forum I might add) that I can gain access to the beaches, and that there is an undercliff walk!!!

I've heard mixed reports on this forum and others.

Has anyone fished them recently or got any tips? I went down there for a stroll today between Steyning Avenue and the Toby Carvery, & it looks fairly unspoiled, and thought I might give it a go soon.
this is my neck of the woods ,so to speak,i have fished every nook and cranny of peacehaven over the years,its all unspoiled cos it can be hard work and all but alittle of it ,is rocks.
you will lose gear here,no doubt about it,if your looking for the bass find the gullies,the bigger the better,this is where you should be fishing.
if you cast out long most of the time, your wasting your time ,except for the odd eel and smutpup,everything here is close quarters fishing and most of it at night for the better fish,it does lend itself to spinning and float fishing but is rarely clear enough at peacehaven,
the ONLY bait to use is what you find at low where you are fishing,i live in peacehaven so i can meet up if you want for a walkthrough,pm me ,good luck, craig

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
this is my neck of the woods ,so to speak,i have fished every nook and cranny of peacehaven over the years,its all unspoiled cos it can be hard work and all but alittle of it ,is rocks.
you will lose gear here,no doubt about it,if your looking for the bass find the gullies,the bigger the better,this is where you should be fishing.
if you cast out long most of the time, your wasting your time ,except for the odd eel and smutpup,everything here is close quarters fishing and most of it at night for the better fish,it does lend itself to spinning and float fishing but is rarely clear enough at peacehaven,
the ONLY bait to use is what you find at low where you are fishing,i live in peacehaven so i can meet up if you want for a walkthrough,pm me ,good luck, craig
top info there craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts