World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

It was such a lovely evening I went to the Pebble Beach, Barry, for a couple of casts before the sun went down. 2nd cast produced this beauty! :clap2: I didn`t know who was pulling the hardest it or me. I didn`t know if it was going to pull me in, or if I was going to pull it out! Well I won in the end but it took me about 50 yards down the beach from where I hooked it! We weighed the Conger and the scales quickly went to 30lb which was their limit. So really not sure the weight although assume it must be low 30`s.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/RichPickins/CongeroffKnap.jpg
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/RichPickins/CongeroffKnap.jpg

Caught at distance on Sandeel (from that guy I met in Aberkenfig! :)) 2/0 Kamasan, 50lb Okama hooklength, 60lb Shock, 30lb Braid.
Fish returned fit and healthy!

Tight lines,
Rich

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: well done m8 hell of a fish of the shore send it to the sea angler mag :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
74 Posts
fantastic fish there mate, caught one about the 30lb mark down friars and it does feel like a tug of war match. Had to sit down and relax for a few mins after that.
well done on the fish hes a big boy

tight lines

·
Registered
206 Posts
nice fish m8 id say he is 32 and half and would have gone home to the deep white freeze happy dayz

·
Registered
747 Posts
well done rich 1 hell of a fish mate. and like tinker said get it into sea angler mate would be nice to see someone off the forum in there. well done again mate!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well done m8.
hoping for something like that sat evening,must have had your name on it.Hope you told it,next time its hungry ,take Will,s bait He,ll feed you give you a kiss and let you go.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes mate. Went back fit and healthy.
Tight lines,
Rich

Top man. Would be good to see it in The Sea Angler.:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

I remember gaffing one like that from the same venue in an Echo Seamaster/Conger championship for an angler next to me. (about 15 years ago)I said he had won the comp easily,but he said he was pleasure fishing and not in the comp!!:unsure: :uhuh: I think the first prize was £1000 even back then!:doh:

·
Registered
693 Posts
That is one `HELL` of an eel mate:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy , good pics aswell, like the guys said, get it into sea angler, its well worthy of that!!!:clap2:
Good to see you had the lucky yellow marigold on aswell:) :)

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
well done mate i do believe that fish will make you part of the conger club

not sure on the details but im sure brand will give you more info on it

1 - 20 of 51 Posts