World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Fished this evening for an hour either side of high tide. Only had about 8 sandeels for bait. First cast knock! knock! knock! usual doggie munching. Pulled into it .....and yeh!.... pulled out of it! :) Its been a common story recently. Hooking those little blighters seems to be getting harder. Don`t know if they have learned something! :)So rather than a whole sandeel I put on about 2/3 of one on the 2/0 hook and whacked that out, so it would be a smaller bait and have a better chance of catching. It worked a treat and it was a dog a cast for the next few casts. Didn`t bother with any pics of them cos you all know what one of those looks like and are probably fed up seeing them! However! I did also manage a Small Eyed Ray of 6lb 8oz so enclose a pic in case any of you have forgotten what one of them looks like! :):):)

Tight lines,
Rich

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
well done...nice ray

·
Registered
286 Posts
first a gigantic conger and naw a big ray from the same place u must be jinxed to catch big fish down the knap:clap3::notworthy tell me ur secret pleeeeease:secret::)

·
Registered
298 Posts
well done rich.. going there 2morow hope the fishing will be good down there..
tight lines.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Nice pair of flaps on that small eyed! lol.

Hope to catch something similar soon, if I can get past the obliging dogfish!

Tight Lines,

Nick

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
nice fish rich, well done!!!! i was hoping to see a pic of a doggie as i havent caught one in a while, im sure that will be put to bed at the mumbles allnighter tommorow...lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
well done rich m8 finally got on the pc..
nice small eyed:D

you fishing friars low tide on sunday 3rd june??/
i will be :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts