World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been out gathering peelers this morning.

Very hard going, found lots of crabs but very few peeling. Manged about 6 peelers and a few softees.

However found lots of good sized edibles but only one peeler.
Do they peel earlier in the year or later than the green shore crabs?

Am I too late or too early for the main crab moult? :confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
mostly males(edibles) peeling at the moment

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Going by recent returns,i`d say we`re bang in the main moult.Are you just looking under rocks/weed or are you scraping around too.
The small tides probably have`nt helped....where i go,there`s a band of gritty sand which holds most of the peelers,as they can easily "dig themselves in" and take shelter...on the small tides,it does`nt get covered by much water,so won`t get re-populated...next weeks spring tides should see good returns again.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was scraping around under weed fringes in the sand everything

Like you said though small tides probably don't help

anyway i got enough for a session this afternoon

·
Registered
331 Posts
im barrels fishing partner and we might be going today not sure for definate yet but if we are its either friers point or dock beach penarth :confused:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
OK mate if you were fishing that bendrick mark I was gonna pop down for a look.

I have never had much luck at dock beach by the barrage, if ido fish there, i walk back from the barrage and fish under that abandoned ladder on the cliff, casting out onto those weedy ledges, there is a bit of depth there, lose tackle tho

·
Registered
331 Posts
cheers Blue beard,

I think it is going to be friars point in barry, to be honest me and barrel are not that familiar wtih the Bendricks

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Valley boyo is right we be going to Friars later even though he is not that fond of the place. As he doesn't do the driving he aint got much of a choice :D

Only fished dock beach the one time but i think we will try it again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts