World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cor what a palaver,,,,,,,,,,,,just managed to de lung 46 crabs all wrapped in cling film and chucked in the freezer in a tub

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats got to of taken some time ,blimey

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
:thumbs::thumbs:cant you just freeze the crabs in a bag ???or have you got to do each one on its own reason being is ive got 20 crabs that were left over and just left in a carrier then shoved in the freezer i want to use them tomorrow will they be eny good there not frozen in a big lump seem to be frozen on there own ???? eny info please captin crab:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbs::thumbs:cant you just freeze the crabs in a bag ???or have you got to do each one on its own reason being is ive got 20 crabs that were left over and just left in a carrier then shoved in the freezer i want to use them tomorrow will they be eny good there not frozen in a big lump seem to be frozen on there own ???? eny info please captin crab:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Have to take the LUNGS out when freezing crabs,,,,,,,,,they poison the flesh ,when there thawed out they will go a black smelly mess,,,,,,,,,,,,,plus freeze seperate or it will be a big frozen pile of crab ,and will be hard to get in a vacum flask,,,,,,,,,,,taking one out at a time and keeping the rest frozen till used ,hope this helps TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've got 500 in the freezer and it took me the best part of a day to peel, wrap and freeze them all down, still hopefully it will be worth it come the spring run of coddling!
you bet there gonna be top bait in winter,,,,,,,,,,,,im only gonna take a few,,,,,,,,,,,,,,me mates got half,,,,,,,,,,,,,save rest for winter if i don t get anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts