World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering when the peeler crab run starts near dundee i was out having a rake about at tayport the other night found loads of crabs but only 3 were peeler any info would help codhunter :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Peelers should be starting round about now, first week in June is almost guaranteed to produce a decent amount. Were there many traps around Tayport? Last year was a joke, traps everywhere, I heard the council were tryng to put an end to it - some people never know when enough is enough. If everyone took enough for personal use there would be no problem and more than enough to go round.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig_D said:
Peelers should be starting round about now, first week in June is almost guaranteed to produce a decent amount. Were there many traps around Tayport? Last year was a joke, traps everywhere, I heard the council were tryng to put an end to it - some people never know when enough is enough. If everyone took enough for personal use there would be no problem and more than enough to go round.
cheers for the info mate i have a try at the weekend again i have seen the traps at tayport they are not hard to miss there are that many of them i have put some out myself this year save the back a bit lifting all the rocks when dose the run end i went out last year throughout july lucky to get 20 crabs mind u i be going in to hiding if my team go down tomorrow come on the shed codhunter

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
usualy beginning of june but water temp is down at moment so might be later.
tayport gives smaller peelers but more of them

·
Registered
36 Posts
you say tayport gives off smaller peeler and i agree is there a good place to check that you know sultzer can you share the place also you reckonbegin of june it ends thanx
Seahunter
:D :D

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
best place is tayport depends on what area you are checking as i prefer the average size as they are perfect for bait.
as for begining of june :confused: i was out yesterday from boat and it is still patchy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi

How does one tell if a crabs a peeler. My son and I regularly forage in the rockpools and it would make sense if I managed to bag a few of these creatures.

Incidentally, in the pools we've had butterfish, bullheads, crabs of all kinds, large shrimp and my son found a flattie about the size of a 1p piece :)

I've now weaned him onto a 5ft rod –*here's to the summer.

Would any crab do for bait –*why's a peeler the best?

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts