World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fish in north devon,and would like to find a supplier of good frozen peeler crab.I would consider useing live peeler but unsure how to kill them humanely.I have tried peelers frozen complete with shell/legs and then removed shell when thawed but with no success,but but i wonder how fresh they were when frozen,maybe this is the reason for my lack of success? any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
139 Posts
essox said:
I fish in north devon,and would like to find a supplier of good frozen peeler crab.I would consider useing live peeler but unsure how to kill them humanely.I have tried peelers frozen complete with shell/legs and then removed shell when thawed but with no success,but but i wonder how fresh they were when frozen,maybe this is the reason for my lack of success? any suggestions would be welcome.

stab them between the eyes with a knife..

·
Registered
279 Posts
not sure what u mean by without sucsess i alway buy live peelers but if not used freeze for next trip.There far to costly to waste and have had no probs using once defrosted but only take enough for the trip your doing,i also freeze whole apart from removing there lungs which is very easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts