World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been using peelers for a couple of years now and this is the honest truth i have never caught anything on them not even a bite .some times i think it might be just me but does anyone else have this problem on the east coast? And yes i do take all the hard bits of and mount them properly :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I agree everybody raves about them , i have not seen a hugh difference when i use them. I have caught cod on them in winter on the east coast usan way but not millions

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i prefer lug and sqiud myself

·
Banned
396 Posts
richy said:
I agree everybody raves about them , i have not seen a hugh difference when i use them. I have caught cod on them in winter on the east coast usan way but not millions
and they are too dear for a tight git like me who is clueless at findin me own bait :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Prefer a nice big juicy king Rag tiped off with cockle meself :D never had much luck with peelers ? dunno if its a Scotish thing ?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it must be

·
Registered
138 Posts
dont know what u guys are on peelers are by far the best bait on the east coast for cod in winter and summer peeler would out fish any bait day after day u get u get the odd days it will get out fished when the cod are feeding on squid mack or mussel the best combo i have found peeler.lug.mussel.cant beat it but peeler no 1

·
Registered
423 Posts
Oooooh peelers. I bought my first batch last week. There are about 18 of them sitting in my fridge as we speak. Tried them in Gourock and they worked a treat (in that we had several bites and four fish). Only pollack right enough but for a newcomer any species will do. I will actually need to despatch most of them tonight as A. won't be fishing until mid next week and B. mother is visiting this thursday. She would freak if she saw them.

The man who sold them to me gave a demo on how to prepare them and so far, so good. I hear they are sometimes better when defrosted after a while in the deep freeze. Will keep some for the winter months and hopefully some winter cod.

Blenny

·
Registered
347 Posts
There are some species of fish that I would not consider fishing for in summer without crab. Flounder and Eel for definate. Smoothound and Bass are another two. From now till October I would not go a fishing trip without at least some crab in my bait box.

·
Registered
85 Posts
On the subject of peelers, anybody know were I can find any on the east coast, Edinburgh down to Eyemouth 'ish.

I know it's all top secret an all that stuff, but as they say if you dont ask you wont get.

( pretty please!!!).....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
codhunter said:
dont know what u guys are on peelers are by far the best bait on the east coast for cod in winter and summer peeler would out fish any bait day after day u get u get the odd days it will get out fished when the cod are feeding on squid mack or mussel the best combo i have found peeler.lug.mussel.cant beat it but peeler no 1

Its probably because I aint had much luck in finding the buggers Cod....that and I wouldnt know what do do with em when I fend em.... :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts