World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched the boat on saturday for the 1st time aiming for bream but with no success. Charged out of the estuary and headed out. I followed the right hand side coast line all the way and stoped to fish the bays and the kelp edges again with no joy.
I wanted some live bait so I trawled two shads on on a bubble float at 40 yards and the second at 70/80 yards on my way out to the pole to try and get some macky. Blanked on trolled baits.
Got to the pole and feathered for a bit. To my suprise I got half a dozen joeys " perfect size" and two herring and a sand eel. With that I made my way inshore to do some live baiting. I had a live joey out on a bubble float with a 8 ft trace and the second rod on a free running sand eel. over the side I used squid hard on the bottom for bream and the other side of the boat I had ragg worm.
The only thing that was taking were the dog fish.
I was out from 5am untill 5pm worked realy hard for the fish trying to weazle one out as I new it wasnt going to be easy but to no avail.
Was suposed to go out again today but I need to spend some time in the garden.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Launched the boat on saturday for the 1st time aiming for bream but with no success. Charged out of the estuary and headed out. I followed the right hand side coast line all the way and stoped to fish the bays and the kelp edges again with no joy.
I wanted some live bait so I trawled two shads on on a bubble float at 40 yards and the second at 70/80 yards on my way out to the pole to try and get some macky. Blanked on trolled baits.
Got to the pole and feathered for a bit. To my suprise I got half a dozen joeys " perfect size" and two herring and a sand eel. With that I made my way inshore to do some live baiting. I had a live joey out on a bubble float with a 8 ft trace and the second rod on a free running sand eel. over the side I used squid hard on the bottom for bream and the other side of the boat I had ragg worm.
The only thing that was taking were the dog fish.
I was out from 5am untill 5pm worked realy hard for the fish trying to weazle one out as I new it wasnt going to be easy but to no avail.
Was suposed to go out again today but I need to spend some time in the garden.
Well done for trying bobcat but i thing you better stay on the shore mate he he no all the best mate hope to see you soon :clap3: tight lines

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well for done for your efforst m8 - keep up the good work!
doggies beat a blank anyway's........+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts