World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads and ladettes

any news on how pembrokeshire is fishing??

much bass around??

anyone had any luck yet plugging for them???

any info much app'd as per usual

tight lines
joejarvy

·
Registered
908 Posts
I fish manorbier and freshwater east a lot, and they are both fishin well. manorbier is showing some great wrasse sport on rag and crab baits.

tight lines m8

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
i fished an undisclosed rock mark.....
....on friday, caught 8 small pollock and 1 small wrasse. (my first ever!)
all on rag, which seems to be the biz at the mo! :) :D
fish at last

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are some good bags of Bass coming off the beaches at the moment Joe. Typically they are small fish to 3lb or so but the numbers per angler are pretty good. A few of the locals have done well on the Tenby area beaches.

I've not had any bass on the lure's yet. The water clarity and baitfish count has come good this last fortnight so it should get better for the lure fishermen this week onwards.

I've had some good Pollack over the last few weeks, most have been in really good condition this year.

I'm off for a dawn plugging raid tommorow morning so I will let you know how it went.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hi, where abouts is black rock on lydstep beach? hoping to try it out for some great sport.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi mate,

black rock - by road enter the village of lydstep, go past the pub & take the next left(signposted dead end) - follow this for approx' 500 yds through narrow lanes - you then come to a kind of junction whcih leads back into the holiday park - don't take this go over the cattle grid & park . You're now on the headland - walk straight out find the ruins of the gun emplacement - cut through the gorse or head for the cliff edge on the rhs pick up the path - & you can see black rock 100ft below! - path worn in the grass fairly easy on foot - but watch out if its raining. fish the left or the right ( i favour the lhs - personal choice thgrough catching success)

Lydstep beach - use the signosts from Tenby - enter the parkfollow the road around . PARK where you can & hey presto 1 mile of very quite beach - good both sides.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts