World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a summary of the last few trips.

Aberporth - not much doing really. No whiting on last trip, just a few small dabs.

Abermawr - schoolie bass at night with odd small whiting, pollack and pouting.

Neyland - Codling! And bass, conger, small whiting.

Little Haven - bass and mackerel (close enough for the fly!). Also small whiting - my mate had one on a streamer type lure fished near the surface - a first?

:huh: Rhod

·
Registered
437 Posts
;) hi rhod,
Yep its been crap... small whiting and dogs the weather has bin a blowing land to sea in newquay it keeps me hood up i suppose aberporth not bin good for 2 months now in all tides and winds, munt out of the question due to rain and slippery rock.BACK HOME FOR A WEEK but back up for a month i hope. so i will dig out me wollies and give it some stick need to bye a new lamp i see they got colemans for sale in cardigan for 60 squid i always used tilly or vapalux but time for a change me thinks. WOT DO YOU THINK?

tight lines CLIVE :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only ever owned two petrol lamps and they were both Colemans. Therefore I can't compare them with other makes. But I thought they were both fine. The Powerhouse is great but I now use a Northstar. If you look around and haggle a lot you can get the price down nearer 60 quid. I know the electric ignition is a bit of a novelty, but it is really useful. Matches get lost/wet/eaten and winds blow them out. I recommend!

Rhod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts