World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot tips for the month. Bass and smoothies up to 9lb caught off St Brides Bay beaches. Best action so far has been on a dropping tide at night in surf - not saying fish won't turn up at other times.

Gilthead bream. Turning up in greater numbers around the area up into Cardigan Bay. I don't know how big the populations are at local marks so I won't give specific locations in case the fishmongers are reading this. Lets just say you need to remember they are an estuarine species which can tolerate low salinities. That's what I'm trying for this afternoon - let you know how I got on.

Rhod.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
**BG** thanx for the info wish my car was not out of action would be nice to pop west for the weekend

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok John. Just give me a shout. I'll PM you my contact info coz I'm not on the net that much at present.

Cheers,

Rhod.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Rhod,
Being a city lad only remeber St. Brides as being rocky ledge sort of place. I'm going down on Sunday/ Monday for a recky but would like directions if you can to get me to said beaches. Also what sort of set up. i.e. rigs, bait etc. Down in Llangenith tomorrow mullet hunting so if you could lets us know by tomorrow night I would be most grateful
Thanks Dude, The BEar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts