World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>6 rods fished the above.with strong southly winds forcast we fished the rocks at pemom.Bait used were live eels, fresh blow,frozen peelers and squid tube.First cast with live eels on a float set up resulted in a 1.5lbs mackerl, what i thought was a bass because it had took line from mrs appleton rod and reel.Next it was my turn which i set up 2 rod fishing the bottom at 100 yards out towards the lobster pots.Peelers was put on one rod on a 2 hook flappy.The next rod fresh blow tip with squid tube strips.This set up only took 3 minutes before a small pollock was retrieve.Then a nice 2 lbs Ballan wrasse was landed.But being so close to lobster pots tackle lostes were at a high.But you need the distances to catch a better stamp of fishes alone this mark, with only very good basses and mackerl caught close in with float set up&#39;s.With peeler left out i carry on with the bait hoping for a cod or better pollock far out, which never came, saying that the rain never came as forcast so a bbq was started, after we had bagged all the rubbish some yobs had left behind.After being fed mr appleton caught the biggest fish a Ballan wrasse about 3lbs in size.All together we had about 20 Ballan wrasse,small pollocks and the big mackerl,tackle lostes were about ten rigs plus wiegths were lost, i had fished pwll fanogl early in the morning for the low water, but blanked.Shoreangling.co.uk is giving away free fishing smocks size large only, to each best fishing report place on the forum with photo&#39;s details of methods and bait used.
</font>

M

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Penmon is at the eastern tip of Anglesey. After crossing into Anglesey, follow the signs for Beaumaris, go through that town, and about 2 miles further on just before the village of Llangoed is a right hand turning to Penmon. Follow that road as far as it goes until you come to an old church, a ruined priory and a dovecote. At this point you have to pay £2 to proceed to Pemon point where there is an offshore lighthouse and some (presumably) coastguard houses. Hope this is of use to you.</font>

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>Sorry guys been on and off the pc for a few days due to being stalled by a hacker, the mark in question does blow hot and cold, but saying that a good fish could be had, we had strap conger,pollock, mackerl, wrasse and very big bass.Tactics and baits plays a important part to whatever you blank or catch.Its a rock mark and care should be taken at all times, but with a big landing net you&#39;ll do ok.Email me if anyone is willing to try.But be warn i need to know whom you are before info is pass on.Sorry but this mark is in danger of closing throught yobs leaving rubbish behind.</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
<font color='#000000'>HI THERE SHOREANGLING.......
just a quick note have you tried float fishing at pennmon?
just by the lighthouse are rock pinnicles,that rise and fall 10-15ft.if poss use live sand eel(malcom at the tackle shop by ABC marine can help here but pre order),also see the aquarium just past beaumaris as some one said they could get them.the fish hide in the crevises waiting for the mackerel/pollack+sand eels there are also garfish,they will all put up a great scrap on float gear.
you will be suprised how effective it is when the fish feed.
if its bass your after then try before it gets too light.
ALAN 1066</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts