World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

going down penarth about 4.00pm with my mate fishing along the white wall taken 2 rods one out about 120yrd and the other at 30-40yrds bait mackeral, squid, rag and sandeel.

tightlines.................

·
Registered
779 Posts
Good luck hope you get some fish give us a run down when you get back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys,

well what can i say the weather was right so were the fish and the fishing. me and my mate fished were the new wall meets the new wall we were using rag, squid, sandeel and mackeral. so this is all that happend fished from low water first hour just bites then after that went quiet so we just enjoyed the sun while nothing was happening so then an hour later we started to have lots of decent bites on the rag so i stuck another rod at about 40yrds while the other was at about 100yrs so then the fished started to appear my first fish was a small strap eel of about 3Ibs then my mate had a small bass in close on rag about 1-2Ibs then i had 2 doggies on the same trace which was quite exciting at the time untill i seen them. then before the tide turned my mate had a class conger bite on a pully loaded with mackeral which he hooked and weighed in at 9Ibs 4ozs. great fish.

anyway going down their with another mate tuesday.

tightlines.............................

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
:D nice catch boys....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where to is there "white wall" in penarth, havent been down there in a while. Would you say its a good place for the newbie sea fisher?
Matt

·
Registered
282 Posts
well done guy.s on your catch more than most can manage round here. And monkeyhead to the right of the life boat station mate couple of hundred yards follow the one wall till it meets the other, ground is quite clean by here mate so you hsould,nt have any problems. I was lucky enought to come second last year in the 42 nd south wales open comp sorry to say hav,nt fished it since also took a 6 lb bass the year before but not in a comp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts