World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Penarth Beach
6 small whiting, 2 very small codling(under 1lb) All returned
Fished next to the first groyne to the right of the slipway. All fell to lug tipped with a sliver of squid on 2 hook flapper rigs with finewire 1/0 hooks, all caught within 1 1/2 hours of the high tide and then nothing.
Got no pics sorry as my mobile is c**p.
Nice evening out

· Banned
627 Posts
Just got back from Penarth Beach
6 small whiting, 2 very small codling(under 1lb) All returned
Fished next to the first groyne to the right of the slipway. All fell to lug tipped with a sliver of squid on 2 hook flapper rigs with finewire 1/0 hooks, all caught within 1 1/2 hours of the high tide and then nothing.
Got no pics sorry as my mobile is c**p.
Nice evening out
WE was at penarth too (me and congercraig) and we were on the slipway ... we seen nothing landed all night. how far was you to the left of us m8 ? i did hear alex payne,s juke box lol

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a lot to shout about to be honest size wise - everything barely registering a tap(even with braid mainline).
Just a thought I had while I was down there. That big boat that went past pretty close in, do you think it could have churned up the bottom a bit and made the fish go out into its wake to look for food?

· Banned
627 Posts
Not a lot to shout about to be honest size wise - everything barely registering a tap(even with braid mainline).
Just a thought I had while I was down there. That big boat that went past pretty close in, do you think it could have churned up the bottom a bit and made the fish go out into its wake to look for food?
lol i was there when the first one went in then i video'd the life boat coming in lol 4-5 attempts on reversing onto the trailer lol the tractor driver's face was a picture lol. You do have a point tho ... i lost a couple of rigs too ffs how i dont know but i always do in penarth . after the ship went passed i packed up and went for a pint or 2 with conger craig lol.

· Banned
627 Posts
Going to try the barrage tomorrow m8 ... loaded with about 20 peelers , and loads of frozen blacks thanks to my m8 craig. Be there about 3 ish onwards hopefully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.