World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
damn, how do you get to know about these comps?
When is the next one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi local fisher

heres some information for you i got told that today was good on the beach with 2 codling being weighed in at 4Ib.13ozs and small whiting on the pier.

(Compertaions)

Sunday 23rd January
1500 - 1900
hw 1803
TH 12.0m
beach and pier

Sunday 6th Feburary
1400 - 1800
hw 1646
TH 11.3
beach and pier

·
Registered
370 Posts
thanks for that!
can you tell me how i would enter the competition, how i would win the competition,have you gotta keep the fish and weigh them at the end?
are there any prices or prizes?

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Don't forget you can add any competitions to the calendar on this forum.

Click the calendar link, then select what type of event you want to add and hey presto :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi

local fisher to enter a compertition you must first become a member which costs £2.00 junior and £5.00 senior, then either a £1.00 or £2.00 to enter.

Then you have a choice to fish the pier or beach. Next you must not weigh in any fish before the comp starts.

When the comp has started you can keep any fish as long as its in size you get a letter off the person who orgarnizes the comps through the post which has all the information for the comps.

When you have caught a insize fish you must keep all the fish that are insize and take them to the end of pier and weigh them in at the end.

The person with the most total of weight wins a prize and also 2nd and 3rd (seniors)

1st 2nd 3rd (juniors)

i hope this helps.

codlingcatcher..................

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeah it does help, it helps alot, i will be going to the next competition, how would i become a member of the club?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi local fisher

to become a member just go to the end of the pier at the comp and ask for a member card and then fill it in and then give them the money for the comp and your sorted.

codlingcatchter.......................

·
Registered
81 Posts
Localfisher .... I'm not sure of the exact amounts but the prizes are tackle vouchers in the order of £20 - £25 for 1st down to about £15 for 4th. Junior prizes are seperate. The vouchers are either for Garry Evans or Angling supplies. Membership runs from September to September so you haven't missed much. Also , if you fish the beach you can fish from Lavernock point to the barrage (but not off the barrage). May see you there on Sunday !

·
Registered
370 Posts
cheers guys this helps alot, i will be joining the club and i will be in the competition, and I will win the competition,probally not, but i will have a good go any road.!

Thanks again

·
Registered
370 Posts
codlingcatcher05 said:
hi local fisher

heres some information for you i got told that today was good on the beach with 2 codling being weighed in at 4Ib.13ozs and small whiting on the pier.

(Compertaions)

Sunday 23rd January
1500 - 1900
hw 1803
TH 12.0m
beach and pier

Sunday 6th Feburary
1400 - 1800
hw 1646
TH 11.3
beach and pier

hi,

is the pier staying open then for the competition, because it usually shuts about 4ish?
can you go on the beach either side of the pier all the way up to the lifeboats ramps?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If the competition goes on after the pier is due to shut they just close the pier to the public and allow the club members to go on fishing. You can fish anywhere on the beach from the Barrage (dock beach) all the way round to Lavernock Point (By the Marcconi Inn).

·
Registered
370 Posts
it starts at about 3:00, what do you think the best time to get down there is?
also how has the beach been fishing this week, saturday on the pier was very poor.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I usually get down the pier a couple of hours before the competition starts and I have a fair bit of choice about where on the pier to fish. The best spots will be gone when the pier opens in the morning as the guys who bag them will fish the whole day.

I'm going to give the beach a go this week .. To be honest we're coming up on a bit of a dry spell where the winter species start moving out to deeper water and the summer species wont arrive for quite a while and I can't see either beach or pier fishing particularly well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In short .. I dont know. I've hardly ever fished the beach. Try the link I gave you earlier and it will tell you about the various marks and you can make an informed decision.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts