World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody

got some great news fished down penarth last night on the beach down dock from about 7.00pm till 1.00am had nothing at all first 2 hours then casted out a whole squid on a pennel pully out for about 15mins when the rod just slammed down about 3 times then pullying the rod off the rod stand struck it but had already gone took the whole squid off hook. then casted out another whole squid then had another bite but even better which i struck into and hooked it the fish was swimming towards be so i started reeling as fast as i could then caught it up but then it started to swim down into the mud gullies about 90yrds out and i was just standing on the beach with my rod tugging and pully as hard as it could then afer about 10mins of fighting i seen a head pop up which was hudges thought it was a conger but no it was a 6 1/2 Ibs bass with the hook well down its thote. when i had got it in i just couldnt believe it i was jumping and shouting on the beach at like 12.00am sat morning. then afer that had just 2 small flatties and 1 doggie what a night.

tightlines......................................

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
bllooody heel well done mate .i was like that with my 4 lber screamin and shoutin like a mad man .and thee beach was packed .i dont care it semmed good at the time
:) :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
nice one codlin m8.well done. keep it up, some more reports like that and we all be smilin. thats what i like to hear........

·
Registered
321 Posts
nice one m8 you lucky BASStard, nice to hear of a proper bass caught was it returned to fight another day or was is straight in the pan .

doogle

·
Registered
557 Posts
Congrats! I wish you this to be the first of many this year!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice One Codling!,
Could you tell me how far you go round from the steps when you fish that mark? I've fished it a few times and never caught a thing, yet you and others seem to do well there. So maybe I'm fishing the wrong part of the beach. I usually only fish in the first or second sections (between the groynes) should I be further round?
Cheers, Penn

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi penn

when fishing the beach i usally fish on 3rd concreate wall accross or the 4th one but any of the beach works but it is probaly fished best at night.

tightlines.........................

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks Codlingcatcher,
and again, well done! Barrelreef it's down where the Cardiff barrage meets the Penarth cliffs, there's a large car park there. If you park on the right hand side then walk to your right along a little path you'll come to some steps leading down onto the beach. Thats dock beach, by the way if you fish there in the day, which I don't, usually then you will have to pay to park there, and they do check cause I saw them check the cars for tickets last time I was there during the day with my kiddos. Hope this helps.
Penn

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi

the best rigs are a 3 hook flapper, two hook clipped up or a pully loaded with rag, mak, sandeel, squid or peeler. and fish it in the night i reakon and the ground is mud and small rocks depending were u fish.

tightlines.............

·
Registered
129 Posts
Down past Tescos mate, (though I come from Cardiif direction,there is another way through the town but I don't know it well enough to advise) then I think it's the second turn at the wee roundabout, past yuppieland until you get to the mini roundabout, straight on and you're at the barrage car park. Hope you have more luck there than me mate, though as I said earlier other lads seem to do well there.
Penn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts