World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some advice on here went done to the dock beach last night. When I went to light the lamp it kept going out. Anyway we only had 2 led headlamps between us, one of which with dodgy batteries.
It looked really dark across the beach, so we decided to go over and fish by the lifeboat house by the groynes, where it is lighter.
to cut a long story short fished there from 12 til 4. 2 missed bites and a blank session.
I'm starting to think I'm a bit mad going out in the cold at all hours. Dock beach can wait for another time
not sure about the lamp coleman powerhouse - plenty of fuel, good mantle, it is flickering for a bit then fading out. Help welcome :confused:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
had the same problem with mine,replaced the generator and new fuel it's now ok, have been told unleaded petrol goes off after a couple of weeks and leaves a residue in the bottom which clog's the genny up .

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
hi the generator is about £7.50-£9 depending on where you get them most tackle shops stock coleman spares.The job is fairly simple but can be a bit fiddly,first you need to realse any pressure in the tank then take the top of the lamp of and remove the glass globe,remove the heat shield to get access to the locking nut on the genny,undo this and lift the genny upwards so you can seperate the needle shaft from the valve stem (sounds complicated but it is straight forward) once this is done turn the valve full on and this will allow you room to remove the genny,fitting is just a simple reverse operation.you will probablty neen a new set of mantles as they tend to fall to bits when you first attempt this.
I managed to make it sound like a nightmare but its not that bad honest. :)

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheer butty, I hope i don't run into any trouble cos i need to get it done asap. My missus lets me go whenever I like in the night but she doesnt let me go that often in the day Ha Ha Lol :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts