World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to these forums have a few days off work want to stay local (Penarth Area) Looking for best spots to go. Have a beach caster and a float/spinning rod like to do a bit of both while waiting for the big bite.

Any suggestions will be welcomed haven't really fished local, normally fish barry area but car is in for some work so need to stay local.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Havent fished Penarth area for months I'm afraid, usually fish there in winter/spring, so cant offer any advice sorry.....but welcome to the site anyway :thumbs:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi Swanbush!

I never really fish the Penarth marks until just before xmas then try the slide or about 100 to 200 yrds west of the slip ( or how far i can be botherd to walk :sleep: )
I have fished the Cardiff Barage recently with pin whiting nearly every cast.

All the best!

·
Registered
16 Posts
penarth is my favorite place to fish fished there loads over the last 2 years.best place i,ve found is to the right of the slipway,keep walking right until you reach the curved wall with graffity on,thats the spot.this is the only place i've fished where i,ve caught more times than i've blanked.
best of luck:victory:

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you want to fish the barrage try to get there early it gets busy on there,if busy on the barage the steps in the car are a very good alternative.fish the float with ragworm,alot of angelers use live prawn which is deadly for the bass.you can get prawn by a crab net over the side with fish bait in it.there will be loads doing this method down there and most will gladly help you.:clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
570 Posts
To fish infront of the white wall generally on the pier side of half way along is a good spot also infront of the former swer outlet on the beach used to be good as for spinning a jointed spinner plug IMHO works better than a solid plug/spinner as the fish tend to home in on the vibrations as opposed to sight, best tides for the twoareas I have mentioned have to be smaller tide probably less than 10.5m on the cardiff scale for fishing high tide. To fish low tide bigger tides are better probably over 12m on the cardiff scale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts