World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a change of venue to LRF other than Barry Docks. Saw on “Fishing In Wales” website that fishing is possible in Penarth Marina? Is this true? I’m based in Penarth and the water clarity is pretty good around there so it’s got to be worth a shot. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
I think you'll find that it's not allowed in the marina.
Barry docks has become so restricted by all the developments. Used to be a very productive water.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
But isnt the marina mostly fresh water now. More likely to catch a perch than any sea fish
I am sure somebody on here a while back recommended down the wall on the old jetty in Barry

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Marina is more freshwater now. Some nice perch in it but no fishing in the marina. A few boat owners do fish of their boats thoigh.

Other options are Swansea SA1. Porthcawl pier, lougher as well but all a bit further west

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you'll find that it's not allowed in the marina.
Barry docks has become so restricted by all the developments. Used to be a very productive water.
Thanks for that. Do you have any other recommendations for LRF nearby? Thinking of trying Penarth seafront closer to the barrage, where the concrete groins are

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Thanks for that. Do you have any other recommendations for LRF nearby? Thinking of trying Penarth seafront closer to the barrage, where the concrete groins are
I don't know about this time of year but HW off the pier in the old harbour used to be OK. Also a bit of light float fishing around any of the Barry points. Possibly a bit of jigheading.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts