World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know why I bother really .... One pouting is all I have to show for 5 hours fishing, six quids worth of rag and a couple of fresh macky. No-one else fared any better. Cr*p prettty much sums up the fishing in Penarth at the moment.

I think I may abandon fishing for a new and exciting hobby like knitting.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
naa, u wont bowen, u will be out there in a couple of days again, waiting for all those lovely summer fish, they will come, soooon, and you will get your share, like the rest of us. think we are all owed some nice fishies........

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah .. You're right of course !

I'm off to Cornwall with some mates in a couple of weeks .. Hopefully lots of rock fishing for wrasse , pollock, bass and mackerel. Don't s'pose anyone here knows of any decent marks around Perrenporth ? I tried the SW forum but it's pretty quiet there and I only got one reply.

·
The Bean Counter
44,154 Posts
I cant help with the fishing at Perranporth but if you dont mind travelling a bit further south then you will find some very good Wrasse fishing between Mousehole and Lamorna Cove.

·
Registered
737 Posts
start travelling a bit further afeild ie bendricks,barry ,the knap ,any off the marks a bit more westerly of penarth plenty of doggies, pout the odd conger and rays starting to show mainly to fish or squid baits so it works out a bit more cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bowenp01 said:
Yeah .. You're right of course !

I'm off to Cornwall with some mates in a couple of weeks .. Hopefully lots of rock fishing for wrasse , pollock, bass and mackerel. Don't s'pose anyone here knows of any decent marks around Perrenporth ? I tried the SW forum but it's pretty quiet there and I only got one reply.
My brother in lives by the beach there - novice anlger, but the b*****d is always letting me know how & what he's catching - good variety of fishing down there. I'll give him a buzz for some info' & get back to you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all !
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I think what I'll probably do is stop fishing all the competitions and just plan a days fishing a bit further away instead. I've fished the knap a couple of times and I've been down the mumbles pier. I'm a bit limited to where I can fish as my casting is fairly poor, so I tend to fish marks where casting isn't important. I guess thats what I really should work on to get the most out of fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts