World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the sewer pipe yesterday 1 down, 3 up from low water.

One good bite that produced nothing and a small strap conger was all we had to show for a few hours fishing.

First time at the venue, so we fished right in front of the sewer pipe. Lost a few rigs, but looked pretty rough all around. Were we fishing in the right place or is it better further along the beach?

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

PS who need to go to Switzerland to go skiing? Try coming down near the sewer pipe after it has been raining!! :D

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
by the sewer pipe is a good spot, or you can walk to the right 2or 300 yds and try there, and as for skiing, i totally agree i av been on my butt a few times, only to be laughed at, just waiting for bellboy or lunker to go on their butts now, hee hee?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Rmwhall,

I was down penarth yesterday, About where poach said. where the cliff's poke out a bit, My mate calls it "the nose". We had a few pout and a codling just under 14". We spoke with another angler on his way back and he said the day before was fishing really well. Blooming typical, a day to late again..

Regards

Ja5on

·
Registered
198 Posts
I fished it on Satuarday night, about 50 yards to the left, had plenty of bites two strap conger and 2 pout only fished 1hour down and 1 1/2 up.
good sport down there at te mo.
jd

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Newcomers need to be aware that at half tide, right in front of the sewer is a big snaggy ledge, you can be fishing the place at high and lose loads of the retrieve unless you know where to cast, I prefer to fish 2 hours after high, as the tide drops away the ledge becomes fishable, you can then have a long session, 3 hours down , at least 3 hours up then.

Its defo a rotten bottom mark though.

To the right, by the "knuckle" as penarth anglers call it, its a bit cleaner ground.

I never fish big tides anywhere along this area, the ebb tide is too strong, the smaller the tide, wether high or low, I find better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree bluebeard, however on big low tides the ground tends to get cleaner with a good chance of a bass 1hr either side of high.
jd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts