World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first session on the cod for me as iv been fishing a lot down swansea way because of my caravan in oxwich. Fished the 2nd or 3rd wall baits was ragworm and squid from Garry Evans. it was slow fishing up until about highwater when i had one knock that looked like a nice little codling/bass or something striked into a snag gutted as i though that would be it for the rest of the session,untill about 15mins before 2 hourss after highwater when i lterally had the smallest twitches on my 3 hook flapper rig,so i reeled in to change the bait it felt quite heavy(thought it was weed)untill it got quite close in and started kicking slightly then i knew it was a fish, it came in and there was a bass on the bottom hook about 1lb in weight and a whiting on the top hook i was CHUFFED:thumbs: all last year i was fishing the slipway at penarth and must of had about 13sessions with only 1 doggy to show for it. Although i only had 2 fish it made my day:yeah: also heard that there was a mullet caught on mackeral further up the beach by a guy fishing next to me.
Sorry no photo's guys dont know how to do it

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Well done ......its always nice to catch a bass.

·
Registered
308 Posts
first session on the cod for me as iv been fishing a lot down swansea way because of my caravan in oxwich. Fished the 2nd or 3rd wall baits was ragworm and squid from Garry Evans. it was slow fishing up until about highwater when i had one knock that looked like a nice little codling/bass or something striked into a snag gutted as i though that would be it for the rest of the session,untill about 15mins before 2 hourss after highwater when i lterally had the smallest twitches on my 3 hook flapper rig,so i reeled in to change the bait it felt quite heavy(thought it was weed)untill it got quite close in and started kicking slightly then i knew it was a fish, it came in and there was a bass on the bottom hook about 1lb in weight and a whiting on the top hook i was CHUFFED:thumbs: all last year i was fishing the slipway at penarth and must of had about 13sessions with only 1 doggy to show for it. Although i only had 2 fish it made my day:yeah: also heard that there was a mullet caught on mackeral further up the beach by a guy fishing next to me.
Sorry no photo's guys dont know how to do it
Nice one.

13 sessions there for 1 doggy - now that's dedication!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Chris & I fished Penarth beach on Saturday night and tbh it was really slow, only few really small pouting were caught so well done on catching something from there :) Personally I won't be going back there in a hurry!

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi m8 it was me fishing next to u the guys up the top had 2 mullet an a little bass. pretty crap for the amount of ppl fishin down there wern it, there were bout 12 of us from our club.
congrats on your 2 fish :) fingers crossed plenty of cod down there this winter :-D
kevin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.